PDA

View Full Version : Any Boat Show Feedback???

captain rednut
25-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi i was wondering how the boat show compared to previous years considering there were two on at the same time this year. Any feed back??

Smithy
25-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Just did the one at GCCM. Thought it was good. Never been to it before. Fair few small stands like the days of the old Brissie Boat show at the Ekka. Haven't been to any of the boats shows for over two years so don't know what the big boat show is like now it is back at the Ekka grounds. GCME cheaper at $10 compared to SCIBS being $20 then possibly parking on top of that. Parking was a breeze at GCCM. Park straight across the road from the gate and walk in. SCIBS is always a PITA! More trailerboats at GCME compared to SCIBS.

terryc
25-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I went to Sanctuary Cove and came away very disappointed, way down on previous years.

StevenM
26-05-2015, 07:06 AM
The Cove was 25 bucks to get in,

they had girlies on the Seado stand where as the Expo did not.

other than that most people I spoke with while working at the expo said the expo was better than the cove.

captain rednut
26-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Interesting and thanks for the feedback and i have heard a few good comment about the city marina show too.

JimmyJ1
27-05-2015, 09:21 PM
We tried to go to Sanctuary Cove but it was near impossible to park onsite and having to park and ride at Movieworld was too much bloody hassle as we needed to leave the show and come back.

So we went to the expo. Only $10 entry, free parking right across the road and lots to see and do. Some of the free entertainment was great (the kids loved the diving show).

I thought it was pretty quiet though. I'm not sure why they put it on the same weekend as the Cove show, seemed odd, unless they were intentionally "going to war" so to speak.

Smithy
27-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I heard they were intentionally going to war but for me the Expo won out.

TopBhoy
13-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Any feedback on the Melbourne show on this weekend?

I'm in two minds on whether to go or not...a few positive reviews might make up my mind.

Cheers

The Black Unicorn
14-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Went to sanctuary cove. Got tickets for half price from racq. Had a phat time. I suppose it boils down to what you were after. Admittedly I went with a group of 7 people mainly going for a fun day out and a feed at George's for lunch. It did seem quieter than the previous year and less stands but we had a ball. Upside was our promo hat gathering competition. Managed a total of 44 hats between us. Better than previous years. HOD ( Hat of Day) went to Ausfish member Humdinger and his bright pink Stefan cap, worn with pride!

gunna
14-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Is a phat time good or bad ?

The Black Unicorn
14-06-2015, 10:39 AM
phat - Wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phat)en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phat
phat (comparative phatter, superlative phattest). (slang) excellent; (slang) sexy; ( slang, music) rich in texture, prominent. The song has a phat bass line.

frosti
14-06-2015, 09:03 PM
i went to the melb boat show and came out yawning as per usual . same old stuff . very disappointed in the cats that were on display , commander cat and noosa were the only two attending . they both had one boat on display and they were the biggest in the range , take your shoes off and ask for an invitation to board ?? i love looking over cats but i couldn't be bothered , i can't see the logic in displaying a boat that is financially out of reach for at least 99.9% of people attending the show let alone being able to tow one . wouldn't it make more sense to display the two smallest boats in their range and appeal to the masses . no wonder cats have never taken off down in victoria .

Belly66
16-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I had a bit of a look at Melb on Sunday and I think you need to do a little research frosti. The Noosa Cat on display was the 2400 which is by no way the largest in the NC range in fact its not the largest they make to trailer, also the price of the 2400 was certainly comparable to plenty of other boats in the hall. I didn't bother to look at the Commander Cat simply because I had no interest in it so cant comment on that boat, and the only reason the NC got a look was because it was on the same stand as the Extreme boats which is what I wanted to look at. I guess there's only so much that can be displayed at these things and I enjoyed my day out and so did the missus shopping in town.

chocolatemoose
16-06-2015, 09:37 PM
i just finished up packing up our stand at the melbourne boat show.
as an exhibitor it was one of the better ones i had attended. the bia pulled its finger out and made some decent attempt to get people in. i thought the new layout was cool. i had a crazy amount of people through. serious buyers.
i think you only get out what you put it . hense why i went nuts with my display :P. for those you came over and had a look thank you very much for the support :)

..wasnt... too happy with qld retail companies coming down to melbourne but hey all is fair in love :D .

overall. not to bad :D