PDA

View Full Version : new boat after a long break

Cloud_9
07-05-2015, 11:27 AM
gada all.
I used to be on here all the time way back when Ausfish was fairly new.
and was fishing from a custom Galeforce CC.
so after getting realy heavily into the fishing scene and fishing club administration I drop out for a bit
sold all my boats and had a break. so anyway after my BREAK nearly killed my literaly figured time to get back into boating.
so I found a 1983 Seafarer Viking 17.
got it for a steal but got suckered on the motor side told it just had a misfire.
boat had no trailer and the motor was infact seized.
needed a interior rebuild and motor rebuild but now happy to say I have a mint Viking 17
first 2 pics are how I got her the others are how it is now and the engine after I rebuilt her the day we refited her to the finished boat.
hoping for a lot of time on the water ...
Ironic the boats name was FOREPLAY.
just the start of something exciting !!!
cheers Cloudy.

Cloud_9
07-05-2015, 11:31 AM
the seats and full storm covers came with her and are all still mint condition as are the seats still in mint condition, all factory .http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108678&stc=1

Oceanic Dave
07-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Congrats! Nice way of bringing her back to life! You planning on keeping that motor or upgrading down the track?

Cloud_9
07-05-2015, 12:54 PM
the motor still has the factory compression but is suffering from internal corrosion a bit so I know her life is limited but a 115 efi 2 stroke is on the cards when this one does finally die but in its history through documents ive found it blew up at 280hrs from a oil injection failure. and then again at 560hrs from a blown head gasket. this time being im a fussy prick, I should see 1000hrs before I need replace this one.
premixing my oils and post trip cleaning is second to none. so see how we go.

FisHard
07-05-2015, 05:20 PM
She's a sweet rig for sure, welcome back!

Cloud_9
07-05-2015, 05:56 PM
thanks been a far while between drinks.
some of the oldies on here like lucky phill will remember me.
the boat was a bit of a Barn find, it sat on a floating pontoon for 7 years un started under a full cover.
a guy bought it as a project and it sat for another 9 months covered under a tree on acreage.
that's when I found it. hat barnacles under it from project guy having it sit tied to a jetty for 3 months.
but got it for a steal. everything now is new from the boat structure to engine, electronics .
and a new trailer. still setting up for some serious offshore. money is laking.

perko
07-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Good to see you back. I remember your very colourful galeforce. Back in the good old days.

Crunchy
07-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Was yours the multi-coloured fluoro GF? I remember that build going on, bit polarising but very individual!