PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Boats in Administration

thomas02
04-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I have heard Bluefin boats is in administration. Anyone know anymore news?
Not good. Thats 2 Ally boat builders in the last 12 months. Stessco first now Bluefin.

hainsofast
04-05-2015, 03:18 PM
didn't they just sponsor the lake maroon fishing comp last year?

Shark Poker
04-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Yes they are in Administration. As of last Friday.
The new owners, who took over in the last year or so, are hoping to trade out of the crisis quite quickly.
Good luck to them!

BLOOEY
04-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Bugger ,first my outboard service man now my boat builder. Pretty sad. Ben

Mike Delisser
04-05-2015, 06:04 PM
I really hope they can trade out of it, they build a bloody good boat.

Dan5
04-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Shame to hear they built a good honest tinny..

Seahorse
04-05-2015, 06:26 PM
I didnt know stessco were. Far as i know they got the same owner and factory

bluefin59
04-05-2015, 06:28 PM
That's no good , they make a great boat certainly underrated by a lot of people I hope they can trade out of trouble . Matt

StevenM
04-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Also Knew nothing about Stessco being in Administration.

thomas02
05-05-2015, 07:40 AM
stessco was placed in administration and now the business is in the sons name.

thomas02
05-05-2015, 07:42 AM
I just heard everyone at Bluefin was asked to leave yesterday. The doors are closed and it has been placed in receivership. any other news on this?

thomas02
05-05-2015, 08:05 AM
I just feel bad for all the people out their who have bought one and its still in warranty.

bluefin59
05-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Warranty issues would be small I suggest , floors are the only problem with them as far as I am aware but they do last through the warranty period . Other than that you don't see or hear of too many problems on here or amongst other boat users . It's a reel shame I hope someone can get them going again , to lose another Australian boat builder would be a shame . Matt

Aussie123
05-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Bluefin Boats went into administration at the end of the last financial year, nearly a year ago now.

thomas02
05-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Bluefin Boats went into administration at the end of the last financial year, nearly a year ago now.
not sure about that. ASIC says it was only a week or two ago.

Coontakinta
05-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Certainly didnt do themselves any favours in my case by not answering enquires made when investigating a new hull this time last year. They were certainly on the shortlist.
Left me feeling that if I couldnt get help with a sales enquiry, what chance would I have if there was a problem.

bluefin59
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Try getting in touch with quintrex on the phone for inquiries ,it gets directed to a dealer so saying that I recently had an enquiry about my 11 yr old bluefin answered by email after a 10 days ,not ideal but they did answer direct I guess ..Matt

Oceanic Dave
05-05-2015, 02:06 PM
That is pretty sad, not just about buyer's warranties but also the people losing their job.

aussiebasser
05-05-2015, 02:14 PM
This could get awkward

The Bluefin Boats B.A.S.S. Australia Nation Team Series Championship Prize Boat has been wrapped and is now ready to be stowed away in anticipation for the Championship winners.
The championship Bluefin Wildcat Pro 4.55m is powered by an awesome 50Hp Evinrude E-Tec, has Lowrance electronics and a Fusion stereo to keep you happier on the water.
This great package was wrapped on the Gold Coast yesterday, and we ...think they did a great job.
Don't forget that B.A.S.S. Australia Nation Members get a 5% discount on Bluefin Boats.

Coontakinta
05-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Try getting in touch with quintrex on the phone for inquiries ,it gets directed to a dealer so saying that I recently had an enquiry about my 11 yr old bluefin answered by email after a 10 days ,not ideal but they did answer direct I guess ..Matt

Agreed and generally they did just that. Found another way around that however and got many of my questions answered promptly.
It is sad to see so manufacturing jobs going by the wayside just as it is sad to see a reputable builder who can provide some competition in the market place close its doors. Ultimately it is us who will be poorer for it i fear. Less competition is not ideal.

boatie_72
25-05-2015, 03:31 PM
any update?

Shark Poker
25-05-2015, 05:14 PM
There was a creditors meeting over a week ago. Not looking good at all for those owed money.

Giveitacrack
01-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Any news on Bluefin boats situation ?

Shark Poker
01-07-2015, 08:01 PM
A mate, whose business makes parts for them, told me today that Bluefin are still trading . And purchasing from my mates' business on a 7 day account.
Those details are good indicators.
Good luck, Bluefin!

frosti
01-07-2015, 08:40 PM
it will all end bad , the administrators will dick around at $600.00 an hour until all company money is exhausted in the guise of trying to sell the company . they will keep staff on building the boats that have been started and telling no one nothing so the boats will be more complete when it all comes to an end . when all the money is gone they will liquidate the company and the the unsecured creditors will get shit , the secured creditors aka the banks will get .20 cents in the dollar and the staff will get their entitlements . at the very last minute a deal will be secured for someone to buy the unfinished boats and the name of the company for a song all while burning any poor prick who has money down for a new build or repair of an existing boat . not long after they will start up again as something like" bluefin boats aust " and all will be forgoten

FisHard
01-07-2015, 10:42 PM
^ Yep, seen that happen . Never trust the receivers that's for sure.

aussiebasser
02-07-2015, 07:09 AM
it will all end bad , the administrators will dick around at $600.00 an hour until all company money is exhausted in the guise of trying to sell the company . they will keep staff on building the boats that have been started and telling no one nothing so the boats will be more complete when it all comes to an end . when all the money is gone they will liquidate the company and the the unsecured creditors will get shit , the secured creditors aka the banks will get .20 cents in the dollar and the staff will get their entitlements . at the very last minute a deal will be secured for someone to buy the unfinished boats and the name of the company for a song all while burning any poor prick who has money down for a new build or repair of an existing boat . not long after they will start up again as something like" bluefin boats aust " and all will be forgoten

Not another Stessl?

Giveitacrack
02-07-2015, 07:23 AM
A mate, whose business makes parts for them, told me today that Bluefin are still trading . And purchasing from my mates' business on a 7 day account.
Those details are good indicators.
Good luck, Bluefin!

Good luck and best wishes to all especially staff, suppliers and anyone with a boat in build phase/on order. Who really wants to see another small family owned australian business go broke ?

rayken1938
03-08-2015, 07:16 PM
See the bluefin classic is on again this year in november at Maroon Dam so things must be picking up, Good comp with a chance of winning BMT package worth over 40k for 30 buck entry fee,
Cheers
Ray

hainsofast
03-08-2015, 08:19 PM
good news for some, but after last year, first boat did a bearing, went and got the other boat it did a bearing, left the bungs out, almost sunk, sweated my arse off, caught bugger all, sweated some more, won nothing, I think I will give it a miss.

The Black Unicorn
04-08-2015, 06:12 AM
good news for some, but after last year, first boat did a bearing, went and got the other boat it did a bearing, left the bungs out, almost sunk, sweated my arse off, caught bugger all, sweated some more, won nothing, I think I will give it a miss.

Hahaha. I don't think that's the competitions fault. I read that as someone who drinks too much, has a poor maintenance regime and can't fish.

hainsofast
04-08-2015, 08:42 AM
First tinny was one mates, second was another mates, I towed the van down there no worries. It was very very hot, my fault on the bungs, unfamiliar boat, I am just not that into fresh water fishing. Wonder if lake fire has the new dunnies in yet.

rayken1938
09-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Just spent weekend at Camp Lakefire and things starting to move at last, Road in now graded and graveled and steep pinch down to the lakeside camping area sealed. Massive area near toilet blocks in process of being leveled for new camp kitchen and toilet blocks. When the heavy machinery moves out whole road will be sealed and camping area terraced and grassed expected completion date is September.
New road even at present is great my little 1 30 didnt engage traction control once just sailed up the hill with no wheelspin.
Cheers
Ray
Ps fishing was ok 70 odd bass and 10 tandans between the 2 of us .

Mike Delisser
09-08-2015, 05:47 PM
70 bass sounds ok Ray lol

rayken1938
10-08-2015, 06:12 AM
70 bass sounds ok Ray lol
I only got 14 son got the rest.
Cheers
Ray