PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Doctor???

Back In Black
03-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Guys, does anyone know of it or used it??

Meant to clean your tank of algal issues, emulsifying it & going through yours motors doing no harm, & cleaning things on the way??

Tony

StevenM
03-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Use it at home in mower, wiper sniper, chainsaw, car and boat.

Triple
03-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I use it in everything I own that burns fuel...

perko
03-05-2015, 08:29 PM
I am a big fan too. I use it in my bus fleet and have fixed one bus the had an algae problem in which we had to clean out the strainer at the injector pump every month. After using fuel doctor and a few filter changes the problem is gone. It is used by lots of trawlers too.

lethal098
04-05-2015, 08:49 AM
been using it in the boat for years, never had an issue, i had major issues before using it with condensation, now there is nothing ,

now using it in the coast guard boats as well,

Back In Black
04-05-2015, 09:11 AM
been using it in the boat for years, never had an issue, i had major issues before using it with condensation, now there is nothing ,

now using it in the coast guard boats as well,

Thanks for the reply. How often do you put it in??

jmwarner
04-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I started using it after water issues which I still cant work out how it got in there but haven't had a problem since

Fed
04-05-2015, 09:36 AM
It's probably a mix of Metho & Zero.::)
Why don't you jack it up, put the hose in the sender hole & blast around while siphoning out of the outlet until you get clean water.
Then you only have the last little bit of clean water to get out with the rinse & repeat Metho system.
At that point you will only have a little Metho left with a tiny amount of water emulsified in it, probably the equivalent of less than E1 once you add fuel.

I'm guessing it's a difficult job to pull the tanks out?

Let's say you pulled the tanks out for cleaning, how would you clean them? Garden hose until clean, Metho rinse & repeat to remove the last little bit of water.

The servo is going to replace the bad fuel???
What about the cost of everything else, surely they're joking.

Back In Black
04-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Fed,
We have cleaned the fuel by running it through the fuel/water separating funnel & ended up with about 1-1.5 litres of gooey garbage.

All filters are replaced & the mechanic ran it on muffs for about 20 minutes & is satisfied all good.

Can't remove tanks unless you had a REALLY big can opener.

Sent bills off to servo an hour ago & rang him and all good. Chris got fixed up within a day.

I'll let you know.

Tony

lethal098
04-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi Tony,

i use it every 3rd tank we use at Coast Guard, and personally, every single fill up and dose according to the instructions,

in the first instance i use the shock treatment, so 250ml per 100Litres,

PROS
04-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Is Fuel Doctor suitable for 2st HPDI s as well or just 4 strokes?
I assumed it would work for both engine types

Max

Back In Black
04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Max, been told to use it in my diesel trucks & tractors as well

Tony

PROS
04-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Max, been told to use it in my diesel trucks & tractors as well

Tony
Great Tony, will try in the next fill up

lethal098
04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I used it in my Direct injected 2 stroke for 5+ years and still going strong,

jmwarner
04-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I use it in a 2 stroke carby oil injected 135hp

Noelm
04-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Never ben a big fan of fix everything in a can/bottle/spray products myself, but confidence is what its all about, if you think its doing good, keep on using it.

Back In Black
04-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Haven't seem to have had much negative Noel.

I hear you though, hence the question.

Tony

Moonlighter
04-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Tony, for what it's worth, about 10 years ago I had an issue with the 100 L underfloor alloy tank in my last boat. Ended up needing to weld in a new filler fitting.

The welder wasn't keen on welding a tank that had had fuel in it, so we pulled the tank out, and he drilled a hole in one corner and we hosed the inside out for 15 minutes with water, then he hooked up a hose to the car exhaust and we ran the car exhaust into the tank for another 10 minutes to heat it up and fill it with CO gas.

He then proceeded to weld the new fitting in and then we did a final wash out to get rid of filings etc, we blew it out a bit with compressed air, and then he welded the hole he drilled closed.

The tank was re-installed and I followed his instructions, which was simply to add 1 litre of metho to the empty tank, drive around the block a few times to slosh it about, then fill up to the top with unleaded and run it thru the engine.

Never even saw a drop of water in the water separating filter, and engine ran fine. Metho absorbs any remainin water and itself mixes with the fuel and burns thru the engine.

Back In Black
04-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Tony, for what it's worth, about 10 years ago I had an issue with the 100 L underfloor alloy tank in my last boat. Ended up needing to weld in a new filler fitting.

The welder wasn't keen on welding a tank that had had fuel in it, so we pulled the tank out, and he drilled a hole in one corner and we hosed the inside out for 15 minutes with water, then he hooked up a hose to the car exhaust and we ran the car exhaust into the tank for another 10 minutes to heat it up and fill it with CO gas.

He then proceeded to weld the new fitting in and then we did a final wash out to get rid of filings etc, we blew it out a bit with compressed air, and then he welded the hole he drilled closed.

The tank was re-installed and I followed his instructions, which was simply to add 1 litre of metho to the empty tank, drive around the block a few times to slosh it about, then fill up to the top with unleaded and run it thru the engine.

Never even saw a drop of water in the water separating filter, and engine ran fine. Metho absorbs any remainin water and itself mixes with the fuel and burns thru the engine.

Moonlighter, we have overcome the water issue by using the water separating filter which works a treat, but this is more the algal issues within fuel.

I was describing the black gunk we got out to Ash from Webbe Marine, & he thought it may have been an algal bloom, which from what I have read is quite common.

Does this stuff also manage condensation guys??

Tony

StevenM
04-05-2015, 07:13 PM
It can be used in petrol or diesel.

is good stuff for the money

Darren Mc
04-05-2015, 08:45 PM
There is another product called Star Tron made by Starbrite in the USA.
Sounds like it does the same thing and is also quite good value.