PDA

View Full Version : F 200 Nightmare

Hole Shot
25-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Coming through the Rouse channel two weeks ago,motor stops,would not restart,tow home,usual mechanic had no spots for at least a week really needed it before the following week end so got a mobile guy out to have a look,assured me it was the fuel pump,orders one comes back and fits it,still motor would not start,scratches head and says will come back in the morning to have another look,doesn,t show,tried to call him didn,t return calls,ended up taking it to usual mechanic who diagnosed it as a "power driver" changed it motor fine,turns out the pump the other guy changed was the low pressure pump and not the high pressure pump which was the one not coming on due the power driver,now stuck with an expensive part and the cost of the power driver and repairs.>:(

outwide1
25-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Name and shame so we all don't get stung I say.

Gon Fishun
25-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Quietly talk to mobile mechanic, demand refund on parts and labour, as he has misdiagnosed, but probably pay for call out fee if there is one.

Darren Mc
25-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Name and shame so we all don't get stung I say.

I agree, but just be careful of what and how you say it and make sure it's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You don't want to get a phone call from this blokes lawyer.
That's not to say that your not telling us the truth, you just never no what this mobile guy might do if he reads it.
Cheers and sorry about you bad luck.

outwide1
25-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Grow some fury ones.
The bloke has told you all thats its the wrong pump fitted and he won't answer his phone.
Drive your truck through his house if he isn't going to refund.

robsue
25-04-2015, 03:57 PM
he hadn't fixed the problem, I wouldn't have paid him

Seahorse
25-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Name him, so no one else gets caught.
If he didnt come back and wont answer, then its a mongrel trick and desrves the shit that he is going to get.
Obviously he is a local near you.

where u live?

Bremic
26-04-2015, 11:00 AM
I have a similar story, albeit several years old. Is his name Nick?

drpete
26-04-2015, 01:02 PM
I had a similar issue with a bloke who "fixed" the diesel engine on my old yacht. It took him forever, cost a fortune, and he STILL didn't fix it right. He was impossible to get hold of, never turned up on time (or sometimes at all. Often due to being detained by the cops for various offences as I later found out). By the end, I finished it myself coz I just couldn't even TALK to this bloke without wanting to rip his f^%$#^king head off. I don't think he was a malicious, or even a bad bloke, he was just a crap mechanic, and a bit of a loser. Anyway, no point shaming him as I found out not long after he finished working for me, he died. Drowned apparently. Pretty sure it was drug related. Sad really, he was a young bloke. But I suppose if there's a point, it's that good mechanics are absolutely priceless and scarce as hen's teeth.
Peter

Giveitacrack
26-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Is a that a Yamaha F200 ? I thought they were a newish model ?

Hole Shot
27-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Grow some fury ones.
The bloke has told you all thats its the wrong pump fitted and he won't answer his phone.
Drive your truck through his house if he isn't going to refund.
Where would driving my truck through his house get me other than in jail,paid him up front for the pump,not going to name him as it may come as a shock to people.

Hole Shot
27-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Is a that a Yamaha F200 ? I thought they were a newish model ?
2009 model

outwide1
27-04-2015, 10:16 AM
It was more pointed towards the comments regarding lawyers. It shits me these days where people are threatened by lawyers.

Darren Mc
27-04-2015, 11:04 AM
It's ok if you've got money to fight the lawyers in the courts. But that can send you broke very quick hey.

The Black Unicorn
27-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Where would driving my truck through his house get me other than in jail,paid him up front for the pump,not going to name him as it may come as a shock to people.

So why bother posting in the first place?

LittleSkipper
27-04-2015, 12:26 PM
What state are you located in hole shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole Shot
27-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Quennsland,Brisbane