PDA

View Full Version : Bay Artificals

castlemaine
13-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Just a general question ... Has anyone consistently caught anything of quality on the arties apart from Harries?

I've fish Peel, but only got a wobbygong. Haven't really heard much reports.

Seems like everyone is still sticking to their known consistent spots.

Cheers

back2boats
13-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Just a general question ... Has anyone consistently caught anything of quality on the arties apart from Harries?

I've fish Peel, but only got a wobbygong. Haven't really heard much reports.

Seems like everyone is still sticking to their known consistent spots.

Cheers

Been to west peel a couple of times. Plenty of small squire - all undersized. Watched a guy land a couple of large jew.

Went to the one near coochie, and got zip.

castlemaine
13-04-2015, 01:17 PM
B2b
i guess small squire will become big ones. Hope the arties don't become marine deserts.
Cheers

barney1979
13-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Yup, every trip to wild banks artificial.
It's home to some xos amberjack.
But don't fish there too often, gets too expensive in replacing jigs..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duncan333
13-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Sunday I fished the peel artificial for the first time. I popped in on the way home and in the course of an hour or two got about 15 undersized squire (mostly 25-30cm), 1 keeper (40cm), an undersized red emperor (35cm) and a few small sweetlip.
I also lost a bait probably due to shark (snipped above the top hook).

I will give it a try again some time, probably during the week, or in bad weather, so I can move about without running into other boats.

I also had a look at coochie and only found smaller squire and the odd undersized taylor.

castlemaine
13-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Sunday I fished the peel artificial for the first time. I popped in on the way home and in the course of an hour or two got about 15 undersized squire (mostly 25-30cm), 1 keeper (40cm), an undersized red emperor (35cm) and a few small sweetlip.
I also lost a bait probably due to shark (snipped above the top hook).

I will give it a try again some time, probably during the week, or in bad weather, so I can move about without running into other boats.

I also had a look at coochie and only found smaller squire and the odd undersized taylor.

That's pretty encouraging, I sounded around the W. Peel. Fish on the balls but didn't get any up but that maybe due to my technique.

FINICKY
21-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah mate I usually fish west peel arti. I Can put together a bag of snapper and have even landed Jew over 80cm there. You just have to put some time into sounding around, work the tide, it can run hard so fish the lul in the tides and fish when there aren't too many boats there to spoil the fun. I find it better than Harries. I've found Harries is a car park where people go to feed the resident Dolphins undersized squire.

bayfisher
21-04-2015, 11:01 PM
West peel arti is know for its jewie schools, The place can hold some seriously big schools at times! Harries produces plenty of good fish too but the key with these well know arti's is to fish them on days/times (early weekdays or ordinary weather) that there arent boats all over them. Once people roll in (drive around over fish) and drop anchor all over the place the chances of catching trophy fish goes down real quick!