PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Craft 685 outsider questions

neil_stessco
10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Hi guys I have my eye on a 2001 Cruise Craft 685 outsider with 225 Yamaha 4 stroke.

My questions are does anyone know if they have any timber in their construction, stringers, transom etc?

Can the fuel tank be upgraded from 250L?

Any pros and cons on these boats would also be good.

Thanks guys.

solaris
11-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Hi

i have a 2000 model, 685 outsider, not sure about the timber question, the largest fuel tank you can fit is usually 315L without going into the front in floor locker space.
they have a great comfortable cabin for overnights if that is what you are into, have the ability to fish 3 people comfortably off shore for a couple of nights, or spend the weekend in the bay with the wife and kids
wouldvi buy one again, yes if I was aiming at doing a lot of over nighters, that I wanted to sleep comfortably or had a young family that required the inside space, no if I wanted a pure fishing platform.

Craig

neil_stessco
11-04-2015, 07:47 AM
Thanks for your response Craig. Basically we are after a pure fishing platform but the mrs will also want the comfort side also. The fuel tank size is an issue as we do rather large trips and I do not like the idea of carrying 20L drums for spare fuel.

gofishin
11-04-2015, 09:53 AM
...My questions are does anyone know if they have any timber in their construction, stringers, transom etc?

Can the fuel tank be upgraded from 250L?... Hi Neil, like most Aussy boats they use timber in transom, stringers, joists, and u/floor bulkheads. Get it check out by a professional as the condition the timber is in depends a lot on how it has been looked after/the boat stored.

Fuel in my 2008 model is 300L. As solaris has stated, huge cabin and great for o/nighters, but the trade off is cockpit length. Fishing 4 is ok if everyone knows what they are doing, but 3 is a lot easier.

Factor in tabs to the budget if it doesn't have them.

Do a search for the CC Appreciation thread on here, as you may find some useful info.

Don't be afraid to call CC and ask whatever questions you have, they are very helpful and passionate about their boats - old or new.
Regards
Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil_stessco
11-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Great info I might give Cruise Craft a call on Monday and ask them some questions. I would love a explorer but they are a bit out of my budget unfortunately and there is not many second hand ones around.

gofishin
11-04-2015, 01:19 PM
PS. Also get the donk looked at by a good Mechanic. I recall the early 225 yams had some internal corrosion issues - not sure of details though. Search on here or otherwise THT.
Cheers

gofishin
14-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Did the CC boys answer your questions Neil?

neil_stessco
15-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Yes they did answer a few they were quite helpful. Thanks.