PDA

View Full Version : Sunglass fix replacement lens.

Rip it up
07-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Hey guys has anybody used the service from sunglass fix australia?

I've got two pairs of sunglasses that I want to get back to a new scratch free optical.

Maui Jim canoes & Revo back bay.

Having done the Maui Jim lens 18months ago it cost over $100 to get done and 6 weeks delay as they got sent away from a sunglass hut store.

So I stumbled across these guys doing a polarized replacement lens for $50.

Can anybody vouch for the optical quality of the lens? My Maui jims are like seeing fish in an aquarium they cut glare so much. So would like to keep that characteristic.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

scorpo92
07-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Very interested to see if they are good. Got a $300 pair of makos that I ruined with grinder sparks. Then I could have a spare for my new tonics haha

Rip it up
08-04-2015, 12:59 AM
Yeh scorpo will be an interesting scenario.
The glasses are way out of warrantee but the price they want for originals is criminal.

For a total of $50 I think they are worth the loss. Better than the massive scratch in the center on my vision at the moment. Damn concrete.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

boating
08-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Maui is good one and there isnt any sunnies that free from scratch. Best way is get cheap and expensive and use them accordingly.

Dignity
10-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm in the same boat, I have a pair of glass Spotters as I find them better than plastic lens for clarity but they also don't like coming into contact with concrete, might try Sunglass Fix Australia out as I miss them.

Blackened
13-04-2015, 02:52 PM
G'day

Spotters all the way for me, Florentine Eyewear at DFO (few other outlets as well) have 20% off spotters every single day and have a huge range in stock.

Dave

mull dog
13-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Have used a mob on eBay called sublime optics to get replacement polarised lenses for 2 pairs of oakleys. Prices were good and delivery was fast. See if they have your models in stock. They were not the manufacturers lense but they fitted perfectly to the frame and have been great

Dignity
14-04-2015, 06:11 PM
G'day

Spotters all the way for me, Florentine Eyewear at DFO (few other outlets as well) have 20% off spotters every single day and have a huge range in stock.

Dave
A pair of glass polarized lenses for spotters was a shade under $50. I use the glass ones as they offer better clarity for my eyes which are just on the cusp of not needing glasses. It is surprising the difference between plastic and glass and I have tried them all. Have ordered them from sunglass fix and they are in the mail, will let you know what they are like when they arrive.

Dignity
21-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Sorry about the delay in responding, I got my lens, took about 3 days from order, a little disappointed in the packaging, just wrapped in paper in an envelope but they did arrive safely in the post. They look OK but don't have the Spotters label on them so definitely third party and are a little darker than the originals but clarity is there but apart from checking polarization I have no idea how to check their build or quality.

Rip it up
22-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Thanks dignity. I am yet to order as it seems my 2 year old boy has hidden the sunglasses and their case in a place I can not find. Got to love having kids.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair shop.

littlejim
22-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Very interested to see if they are good. Got a $300 pair of makos that I ruined with grinder sparks. Then I could have a spare for my new tonics haha

Blimey,

too flash for me and out of my league.
I have to make do with Cancer Council sunnies.

Dignity
23-04-2015, 07:06 AM
Littlejim, pretty well chalk and cheese, I agree that good quality sunnies are dearer than they should be but for fishing they are hard to beat. I should have bought several pairs when in Vietnam.