PDA

View Full Version : townsville land based

snokeen01
05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Im moving to townsville in a couple of weeks. Am looking for land based spots to try until I get my boat up there. Prefer lure or plastics fishing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mitc69
05-04-2015, 06:11 PM
alright i've been land base alot in the days, and i'll tell you.. if your not there when the tide start to become high in the morning or at night, your wasting your time... unless you got a land base that you can find into the ocean font

bushland beach at black river i've caught alot of jacks and barras.... and afew flat heads abit hard to get to... each time i drive up... no good with lures, plastic works well
saunders beach althaus creek mainly grunters and catsfish... not my best spot... havent been here for a yr or so... only with dead bait
balgal beach, get some live mullet off the ramps... walk where the channel connect to ocean you'll get all the sort but mostly GT and queens some too... there a big turtle there too so it NOT a CROC! scared afew time, at night with dead, lure or lives... you'll normally get grunters and barras and the odd bull shark

otherwise magnetic island is great for daylight fishing... think there that early bird fair for 10$ still running

snokeen01
06-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Thanks mitc69