PDA

View Full Version : US boat improt ..... JNS United pty ltd

outta line
26-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi ALL

iam looking for a glacier bay 2270 and may have a lead on one in the US ... I have been dealing with JNS united and Mona has been very help full so far.

Has anyone had dealings with JNS united pty ltd in the past ??

if so how did your import go ??? trouble free??

how accurate in detail was the description of your boat?? i will get it surveyed

they have a FB page have a look and look forward too anyones feed back

its kinda a bit stress full thinking of parting with your hard earned $$$$$ when the boat is so far away

cheers mick

tropicrows
26-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Been there done that. My import went really well but I have friend who's import went really bad. Cost him an extra 20k to get the boat of the docks in brisbane because the importer was not paying her bills. He was not the only one caught out. Make sure your agent/importer is a good one.

tropicrows
26-03-2015, 08:11 AM
I used marine advantage and put another person onto him who is also very pleased with his service.
http://www.uship.com/profile/marcussdtaylor/

outta line
26-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Cheers mate I'll look into them... Can you pm me the name of the bad importer cheers

tropicrows
26-03-2015, 09:34 AM
There no longer in business.

fisho64
26-03-2015, 09:38 AM
the importer has nothing to do with describing the boat do they?
Given the margins and forex is so tight now I would only use a well established player like Portsea

outta line
26-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Theise guys source and freight they do a lot of stripers they seem genuine

outta line
26-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Darren I can't reed pm from my phone mate . I'll have to wait till iam home too read cheers

Darren J
26-03-2015, 05:39 PM
i have cleared my inbox now.

Cheers.

viking57
26-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Check around for yank boats in Oz first. There are a lot which were brought in by FIFOs during the mining boom but have now come on the market. Try Gladstone and Mackay Marinas for info on boats up that way.

I brought in a WELLCRAFT 290. It was a really tidy, low hours boat. While there are traps for new players in importing a vessel, a real problem if you ask around is the number of low hours four strokes which are self destructing on the back of the imports. This is worth doing some homework around reputable marine mechanics. And yes, I replaced two heads on mine due to rusted and snapped valve springs............Viking 57