PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex ally trailers

bluefin59
15-03-2015, 02:40 PM
https://youtu.be/yyrOWNRYSoE I see quintrex have a range of ally trailers for smaller boats and as I am in need of a new trailer has anyone already got one and got an opinion on them . Matt

Dan5
15-03-2015, 04:23 PM
They should be ok Matt if you keep it on the bitumen.....there were a few guys here that had some problems with them a few years ago.....Where they had drilled through the frame to fit spring hangers etc they had cracked through the boltholes.........These trailers were getting used for what I think they are not designed for though.

Have you priced one up yet?.......Is there much difference in price between them and a steel/galv trailer?

I like the alloy concept mainly for the corrosion factor but yet to see one i'd be happy to tow on a dirt road for any length of time.

Dan

bluefin59
15-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Won't be too much dirt for me only highway use I'd say ,I know how much a BELCO that is similar is I am getting a price tomorrow for the quintrex . I looked at oceanic and a couple of others and they where weak looking crap compared to my BELCO so it will probably be one of these or a BELCO as I like to drive on and I must have driven on a thousand times over the last 11 yrs with the bluefin so I will know by the end of this week as I just sold my camper trailer . So the next couple of years is head down ass up so we can by another van to head up your neck of the woods. Matt

Dan5
15-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Yes the Belcos are good trailers......should have got one under my Bluefin when I was in Cairns instead of the oceanic POS it came with........11 years from a trailer would be a record up here I would think.

Dan

ReefRobber
15-03-2015, 05:03 PM
I had the stacer one under the last boat. I'm told they're the same. It was faultless.

bluefin59
15-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks robber that's what I thought , yeah the Belco is tough mate the thing has never let me down it came with my bluefin and is still going strong but the rust is starting to come on strong but I recon you'd get another couple of years out of it if it was looked after but it's starting to sound spongi when you hit it with a hammer so it's beyond repair for me at least . Matt

stevej
15-03-2015, 08:26 PM
i have one bought at xmas just gone under 420 renegade

seems was 700 more then a quintrex steel trailer of same length but had the addition of brakes over the same sized steel trailer

bluefin59
15-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Steve can you give me an idea how much it was approx , either post up or send a pm mate and are you happy with it thanks Matt

bluefin59
16-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Well what a surprise I got prices for Belco trailers in 75 x 50 box and a price for c channel and it turns out the alloy quintrex is cheaper so I just ordered one from Brisbane Yamaha and it should be 2 weeks at most so all I can say is I hope I get 10 out of this one as well . The TA 1098 trailer that I ordered is $3390 + rego $180 + $ 120 to swap over and fit it up , can't wait Hervey Bay for Easter for us with a new braked trailer ... Matt

bluefin59
07-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Just picked up my new Quitrex Alloy drive on braked trailer for my 4.5 my Bluefin 4.5 predator , Justin from Brisbane Yamaha at BERPENGARY did the job for me and had the deal done and delivered in just on 2 weeks . They set up the boat on the trailer and had my old one ready to take home today , it looks the goods and has all the good things standard like bearing buddies , swing away jockey wheel submersible LEDs and a winch strap instead of a cable not that it will see much work . Thanks again Justin and when or if the old 2 stroke merc packs up Brisbane Yamaha will be the first place I will be going for a price , and to be honest some of the quintrex boats look the goods now and appear to have an excellent finish . If your looking for boating stuff especially a trailer go and have a look you might be surprised what you get for your money ... Matt.

bluefin59
07-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Also if your looking for a cheap trailer my old Belco is up for sale it has a braked axel and parts to make it work except for pads , jockey wheel led narva lights 2 yr old light truck tyres and no rego . I will deliver it free in the Brisbane area , it will need a fair bit of work for rego but that's up to you I will be removing the licence plate once delivered I repeat I am not selling registered $300 Ono make an offer . I will be posting in the classifieds as well .. Matt 108301108302108303108304 the spare wheel does not come with it
Contact me via pm

Dan5
07-04-2015, 04:37 PM
How the F&#K is your boat still that shiny after all these years Matt?........

Dan

bluefin59
07-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Yeah 900 hrs and 13,400 km by gps that Newfinish Polish I put on when I got it seems to still be holding up or bloody good paint that bluefin put on it ,it's a lot more scratched up than it looks though and I wash it with water and shamy only after every trip buddy . It's a bit sick but I love my fin mate you know you wish you hadn't sold yours ..Matt

PixieAU
07-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Also if your looking for a cheap trailer my old Belco is up for sale it has a braked axel and parts to make it work except for pads , jockey wheel led narva lights 2 yr old light truck tyres and no rego . I will deliver it free in the Brisbane area , it will need a fair bit of work for rego but that's up to you I will be removing the licence plate once delivered I repeat I am not selling registered $300 Ono make an offer . I will be posting in the classifieds as well .. Matt 108301108302108303108304 the spare wheel does not come with it
Contact me via pm
Hey man. Your old trailer doesn't look that bad in the photos. I have a trailer which i am considering getting repaired and i assume you would have looked into repairing also. Did you find repairs so costly that it was worth going completely new?

Good luck unloading the trailer, i reckon $300 sounds like a bargain!

PixieAU
07-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Well, that's a surprise, i thought i was sending a PM through Tapatalk but obviously it was a thread reply.

stevej
07-04-2015, 06:17 PM
sorry for the late reply it didnt notify me through the site

i paid 3500 inc rego in nsw for the smallest alloy trailer, its to suit the 420 260 renegades

bluefin59
07-04-2015, 07:16 PM
No pixie I haven't bothered trying to get it fixed I got 11 yrs out of it sinking it every time and I wanted a new one so ifs trouble free . Personally I'm sure someone who is handy with a grinder and welder may be able to get it to a roadworthy state , it's been a great trailer and I was so close to getting another exactly the same its actually a 4.75 mt trailer I believe but it's what came with my boat when I bought it . Matt

bluefin59
10-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Contact me via pm

This his trailer is now sold Thanks Matt