PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this boat?

Sheik
09-03-2015, 07:21 PM
http://www.pickles.com.au/general/item/-/details/C2004--Aluminium-Boat/2652039431

Looks like a complete beast of a unit. Referred to as GS Marine XM5500; I've not heard of this maker. Anyone have one? In the blurb they say it has 1400 hrs, and "purges while in neutral". Not sure what that means. Any one got ideas on that?

Shark Poker
09-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Its a locally (Darwin) built GS Marine platey.

Dan5
09-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Locally built here in Darwin by Gary Quin......they went broke about 4 odd years ago now and owed lots of people their deposits.......Also had a mystery fire at the office just prior to going belly up.

The Hydracraft were the bluewater type hulls......and Extreme were the river boats and the Aquarats were the punt style...

Reasonable boats but some where made in China for a short while around 06/07 from memory and were well........... shit.

GS have a pretty big following here and are still sought after....another builder here bought the drawings for them and still builds them here Extreme Marine.(Mark)...he knows or would know the specs better than anyone IMO.....Pretty sure the Hydracraft was 5mm bottoms and 4mm sides....

Also talk to some people and they will say GS stands for Get Soaked....but hey open boat you know wind in the wrong direction they can all be wet.

IMO they don't rate compared to an Origin or Pacific ot a Bluewater but are definatly better than your run of the mill pressed tinny.

Dan

Cods Whallup
09-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi there, a mate of mine had a 6.6 hydracraft! He let my cousin and I take it to stanage bay for 10 days, it had a 250 Suzuki and was an absolute weapon! Providing there wasn't to much weight up the front and the wind was blowing 10knts or less! We did get quite wet, but we did have a tonne of gear on board! With 3 fridge freezers, 8 batteries, big eskies and the rest!! We camped on it for days at a time and had a ball! If you look up notenoughsickies you'll see a stanage thread from 2012! Cheers andrew

Sheik
09-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks fellas, interesting. Geez, the Poms just got rolled by the Deshies.

odes20
10-03-2015, 07:12 AM
I'd say purrs at idle as an interpretation. This pic says it all Shiek!

Moffy
10-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Surges at idle? Would fit with rest of boat condition as described....