PDA

View Full Version : Project electic motor

alleycat
08-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Well after a lot of homework and surprises at the costs ive finally got the electric motor fitted and running, for motors I selected the minn kota 55lb I pilot rip tide with gps , first job was to get the bow set up with plate for motor mount, this was an eye opener at the variation in prices I ended up getting the job done at compass boats which is just over the highway at the bribie exit, ralph was really helpful and the welding was first rate and the price very reasonable, in all compass boats was a pleasure to do business with, next came the fitting!, I ended up getting the motor fitted where I bought it at Wynnum marine, these guys were so helpful, from steve who helped me select which motor to buy and Geoff and young dave who fitted the motor and took me through how to use it the whole exercise was great, I couldn't recommend Wynnum marine highly enough, just have to wait a few weeks for the water to clear in the passage to get into the fish using the new leccy.107877107878107879

Dan5
08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
You won't know yourself now mate.......Looks shmick.

Dan

Feral
09-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Gee was not a lot of room fo rthem to work with to setup that mount, looks like an excellent job!

Seahorse
10-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Great looking job.

VictorOscar
03-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Hey Alleycat,

The motor looks great!

Can I ask you how they mounted the quick release puck?

Did hey use bolts and nuts or self taping screws?

Thanks!

alleycat
03-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Just had a look at its secured with 3 bolts..

gr hilly
03-11-2015, 07:20 PM
I got the same motor i bought it two years ago but could not find some one to fit it,good job its still in its box and i just got another boat for it to go on Bribie is a bit far for me but i'm looking hard you have fun mate .

Cheers G.R.Hilly