PDA

View Full Version : 1kw adjustable mount transducer bracket for TM 260

Nick H
01-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Hi all, I know it has been discussed on previous threads but after going through countless threads no one had mentioned where they purchased theres from. Please see the link to what I'm chasing any help would be great as I've looked high and low for it. Cheers Nick
http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/476364-adjustable-transducer-bracket.html#b

chocolatemoose
01-03-2015, 07:02 PM
seems to be an Airmar made part.

captain rednut
01-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Hi Nick i have a good second hand one which i would sell if you are interested??
Cheers Jim

Nick H
01-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Yeh definitely is Airmar part but I can't find it anywhere. Hi Jim I would be interest, if it's in good condition. Just out of interest why don't you use it any more? I'm just worried about using the standard bracket and getting the position set up correctly as it is a brand new boat and I don't want test holes through the mounting plate. Also thought it would be good for beach launching etc.
thanks Nick

Oog.
01-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Nick, the mounting bracket that screws to the transom bracket is slotted and will give you a fair amount of adjustment so you would have to go very wrong to end up with "test holes".
Even if you did, Sam would easily make any extra holes disappear and you would not have that big ugly bracket.
Ross

Nick H
01-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Yeh Oog, there is a fair amount of adjustment, I've just been reading on some threads blokes having trouble sounding at higher speeds and they have had to sink the transducers quite low. Guess I can fit it up and see how it goes once I get it outside.

Oog.
02-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Maybe you should checkout the thru-hull options as they usually have no trouble reading at higher speeds.
My thru-hull works fine at 25 knots but my other transom mount will not.
Plus if you need any mods done to the hull to fit one, now is the time to do it.
Ross

captain rednut
02-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi Nick
It was not suitable for my boat as we travel at fairly high speed and they spray too much for my liking.
I put it in a wet box to stop the spray and it worked perfect.

Nick H
02-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi Ross, I already have the transducer, so I'll have to make it work. Jim if you don't mind posting some photos of your transducer set up I'm keen to check out what has worked for you. The last hull it was mounted on was very light so it was hard to get a picture over 12knots as the hull used to just bounce and bang and I accepted that as I wasn't keeping the boat for ever, this time I'm keen to get it right
cheers Nick

captain rednut
03-03-2015, 09:12 PM
It can only shoot through fiberglass and not alloy??? so im not sure what your hull is??

marto78
04-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Jim if no one else wants that bracket I'll buy it off you.

Nick H
04-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Yeh Jim it's an ally hull, I'll shoot you a PM

dodgyone
08-03-2015, 05:39 PM
I had Boating and RV chase one up for me. Was told airmar no longer bring them into the country so it came from store stock.