PDA

View Full Version : Anchor storage

jclay1773
27-02-2015, 08:56 PM
I have a 6m Haines sig. When travelling offshore where does everyone store their anchors. I have a sand anchor, reef pick and float. At the moment I keep them in a storage crate at the back of the boat but this gets in the way. Any help. Thanks.

chocolatemoose
27-02-2015, 09:11 PM
reef picks are easy to store on bow rails with a clamp or weld on tube. sand anchors .. well they are flat so a few places for them.. floats.. well yeah nowhere easy for them :P

Darren Mc
27-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Don't they have a large enough anchor well in the bow? For the sand anchor and float I mean.
Could you stash the reef pick under the bunks in the storage area?

LittleSkipper
28-02-2015, 07:48 AM
I have a 6m Haines sig. When travelling offshore where does everyone store their anchors. I have a sand anchor, reef pick and float. At the moment I keep them in a storage crate at the back of the boat but this gets in the way. Any help. Thanks.

If your budget allows you could avoid storing any anchor gear and have an anchor winch sitting on the bow with an anchor that covers all terrain. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaungonemad
28-02-2015, 08:53 AM
When I'm pulling my anchor in over the side it lives in a tub otherwise it lives in the anchor well and the float under the bunks I dont bother with a reef pick I just use a plough for all occasions and have a spare sand anchor up the front.

jclay1773
28-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I was was told not to put it in the anchor well as when bashing out to sea the anchor can do damage to the well. Do you guys store it in the well in similar boats.

Cracking day on the water today. Hope we all got out.

Darren Mc
28-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I've never had any damage done to my anchor well's going outside.
But I suppose it depends on how you drive out there too.
I just drive to the conditions and all was good.

If your float fit's in there with an anchor it will sort of reduce the amount of movement there is.

Darren Mc
28-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I forgot to add, make sure you have some sort of bungee strap or latch on the anchor well hatch. Just for safe keeping.

scottar
28-02-2015, 09:26 PM
If you are worried about damage, line the well with some shock absorbing material or some aluminium plate.

Fed
01-03-2015, 05:22 AM
My reef pick & chain sit on top of the big pile of rope in the anchor well and my never used sand anchor sits on top of a couple of old life jackets in one of the front storage box thingies.
The ball just sort of hangs around up the front, I've been thinking about sawing a little off each side so it will also fit in the anchor well.