PDA

View Full Version : Send 'er down, Hughie!

Scalem
18-02-2015, 06:13 AM
I wonder if this time we are going to get more severe weather than we bargained for? Still a potential this low will develop into a cyclone and we are certainly going to feel its affects. Hope we all survive OK, I wish the neighbour cut down the dead tree out the front before this event but he tells me he is insured. Great! All the best guys, stay safe!

Scalem

mitc69
19-02-2015, 07:41 AM
well i've been in many cyclone :D and it not that bad.. well in cairns anyway.. used to always go out into inlet right after rain for thoses jacks...
well good luck with insurance there backup by 15mths now and counting since nov so even if he insured dont except to get result for about 1yr LOL

JEWIENEWIE
19-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Havin a dads weekend next weekend over at Kingfisher..................Glad its not this weekend, but I hope it doesn't bugger the fishing in the straights or flatten Kingifisher bay resort there for us......
JN

Scalem
19-02-2015, 09:33 AM
well i've been in many cyclone :D and it not that bad.. well in cairns anyway.. used to always go out into inlet right after rain for thoses jacks...
well good luck with insurance there backup by 15mths now and counting since nov so even if he insured dont except to get result for about 1yr LOL

I guess our insurance premiums will be going up as a result, but if that's all we have to worry about we are doing well. Reports of SES and many others doing the hard yards filling up sand bags getting ready. I wonder how our dams are going? Probably not the time to release water now when we have big tides and ocean surge... Here we go again...

Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEWIENEWIE
19-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Was gettin very nervous about our weekend next weekend but just spoke to one of the lads up in bundy, he is tellin me next Friday at this stage looks like a cracker up Fraser way. Lets hope it stays that way.........Gotta remember to take some water out of the pool this arvo.........but more important, gotta remember to turn the valve off::)......always forget to do that and sit on the couch going "whats that beeping noise"....Its the bloody pump saying I need water. So then i go out shut the valve down and drop the hose in to top it back up.....and you guessed it.......ARRRRGGHHH forgot I was filling the pool, now i have to empty it again........round and round I go some days.......
JN.

BLOOEY
19-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Haha, love it jewie newie. Top little short term memory you have there (i can relate).
On a purely selfish note i hope we get as much rain as predicted, LOOOOOOVE fishing that dirty water for smelly ones! Ben

JEWIENEWIE
19-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Thought we would be getting more rain here by now.....strange......
JN

johnverano
19-02-2015, 11:33 PM
yep not much going on here in byron right now just a bit of wind and rain that will change in a few hrs
I was meant to go hit the flats in fraser next week as well jewienewie but im waiting and have been told by a few people in hervey bay to wait to see how much dirty water comes out of the Mary and river heads .
I was going to fly fish for goldens on the flats but now it s on hold

spelchek
20-02-2015, 02:35 AM
Weirdly quiet in Bundy right now. Only seems to be blowing around 20kn and the rains gone for the moment. Even had stars before. Looking at the rainradar the trough is past and now we're waiting for the real blow. At least it will (they say) be somewhat less at cat 3 when it gets near us. I'm at Burnett HEads so as long as theres no bloody tornadoes it should be easier than the last one. That's what I;m telling myself, anyway :) (crosses finger, throws salt and drinks a wee dram to Huey).

Good luck anyone to all in yeppoon, rocky and gladstone. Keep your heads down, hey! You too Randell and any other bundy-ites.

randell
20-02-2015, 05:04 AM
Morning spelchek, Yer I'm up early and just watching. I was worried when it was a cat3, now it's cat5. We have a steel frame house with the roof screwed on....... It's nice a still here at Thabeban now at 5am.... good luck to all up this way. randell

Feral
20-02-2015, 05:10 AM
You should be right Scalem, dead trees rarely blow over until they have been dead a long long time, with no leaves on them there is nothing for the wind to load up. the live trees are more likely to go over first.

spelchek
20-02-2015, 05:17 AM
Still up as well mate :)

Scalem
20-02-2015, 05:38 AM
Up early, south of Brisbane which is getting a bucketing. I see on radar that Northern rivers area is getting their fair share as per normal. How many people are getting up to go to work? Even in Brisbane it's going to get challenging during the day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back In Black
20-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Just checked my rain gauge.

215mm overnight in Noosa, light rain now but eerily calm.

Tony

randell
20-02-2015, 06:29 AM
the schools are open in Bundaberg. I have school crossing duty this morning.... randell

spelchek
20-02-2015, 09:05 AM
If I see Mary - lolipop man - Poppins flaoting by I'll know who it is :) Our kids couldnt wait to get to school this morning.

Scalem
20-02-2015, 11:42 AM
No work on for me today as everything is on hold, but I had a think about SES team and drove past the Logan headquarters. Yup, filling sandbags as I expected. What a shame I can't pitch in and grab a shovel, and I would seriously do that if I didn't know I would 1st have to sign a heap of paperwork and disclaimers in the event of injuring myself while working for them. Does anyone know what the expectations are, I suppose I could rock up and ask, but they seem busy enough without having some do gooder hampering them. Truth is it would be easier if I did it on my own terms, I have my own insurance, ABN .... even have a currrent crime check and blue card to check off any community work criteria. Just don't be around when I start up my chainsaw ( only kidding::))

Scalem