PDA

View Full Version : lady musgrave wind

Jsmfun
13-02-2015, 03:13 PM
so have been approved by the boss to do 2or 3 nights at lady musgrave;D but looking at the wind it will not be happening any time soon :(
my question for the locals up that way is how long till it backs off? seems to be never ending. or is there any website that gives a 21-30 day estamated forcast for wind please help as im getting the jitters.

cheers scott

Rip it up
13-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Trade winds season unfortunately. Getting a window relies on watching the synoptic chart closly to see where the low pressure systems are tracking the week prior to getting light winds.

Black art that some people can read well. Others get caught offshore in miserable conditions.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

FisHard
14-02-2015, 11:23 AM
If you have a look at. The current Sea breeze forcast, it's starting to look good next weekend. We've got 2 boats going up Thursday afternoon, fish Friday and Saturday, come home Sunday assuming the weather holds. Welcome to tag along if it suits you? Might be able to find a few more GTs?!

Jsmfun
14-02-2015, 12:22 PM
mate i just looked up bom and willy also seabreeze
willy weather has it at 30knts lol thurs-fri
bom has it at 20knt thur-friday
seabreeze has it at 10-15 thurs arvo and friday

how are we ment to work this out? and i would like a gt or 2 whilst im there i will be driving up thursday morning getting to musgrave around 3pm have a quick fish
then fish hard (pardon the pun)fri-sat then leave musgrave first light sunday thats the plan anyway
im in no rush as i really want 10knts as my decki has never stayed on a boat

cuzzamundi
14-02-2015, 01:03 PM
You've picked one of the worst times of year. April and May start to see some really good days, generally.

In terms of predicting, you'll soon realise that anything three days out, especially this time of year, is a big guestimation. I wouldn't bother looking at a week's time - nearly always changes. The cooler months are much more reliable, whereas this time of year is very unpredictable/changeable.

Cuzza

FisHard
14-02-2015, 04:47 PM
You've picked one of the worst times of year. April and May start to see some really good days, generally.

In terms of predicting, you'll soon realise that anything three days out, especially this time of year, is a big guestimation. I wouldn't bother looking at a week's time - nearly always changes. The cooler months are much more reliable, whereas this time of year is very unpredictable/changeable.

Cuzza
Totally agree Cuzza, but it's a bit like your missus giving you at least an alluring smile. You might not get lucky, but just the fact that there's a glimmer of hope is enough to lift your spirits ;)
I can also say, that we did a 2 day trip to 1770 nearly exactly 12 months ago, and had one day great weather, one day ok. I think the conditions are also conducive with good fishing. Constant SE winds should indicate a good barometer and the recent rains will have given the creeks a good flush. From my experience of 1770, this will put a dirty water line about 5-10 nm offshore. On the clean side, it will be acre after acre of Tuna chopping up and good fishing at the wrecks and the reef for pelagics (that's mostly what we do).
I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but we've seen it before a few times. In fact, the day that I still rate as the best fishing I've had anywhere in the world in my life was in Feb a few years ago and it was exactly as described. We spent the day at the Karma wreck (SE of Round Hill head) and 4 of us were hooked up all day! Gts up to 25 kg, Long tails on poppers, all manner of sportfish were just chewing their heads off all day as we sat on anchor over the wreck. It was crazy stuff. I think the next time we fished the same wreck, couldn't get a bite!
JSmfun,
I will PM you my mobile, and we can stay in touch. The weather does have to be pretty good to run around the Bunkers in a trailer boat, do obviously will keep a close eye on it. Our boats are 19' Cruise Craft and 18' Bonito centre console, so we aren't big rigs. Our plan is to stay in 1770 Thursday night, launch early Friday, stay out at probably Fitzroy Friday night, fish Saturday and either stay at Musgrave Saturday night or come back in to 1770. I want to be home in Bris just after lunch on Sunday.
If anyone else wants to tag along, send me a pm

feral cat
14-02-2015, 08:38 PM
I will be up there thurs night or fri arvy if it backs out.
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/heron_island

feral cat
14-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Or this one for lady mussy area.
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/lady_elliot_island

willy weather and buoy weather are donkey forecasts.
St lawrence to burnett heads is what i use though when the time comes.:)

feral cat
18-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Well, hasn't this worked out well.:o:-?
Bloody huey...lol

Jsmfun
18-02-2015, 08:31 AM
sooooo maybe next thursday to sunday hey guys

FisHard
18-02-2015, 02:47 PM
sooooo maybe next thursday to sunday hey guys

If the weather is great, yep, but would prefer 2 weeks from now for better tidal run. See how it goes...

randell
19-02-2015, 06:22 AM
We're just waiting for Marcia.... good luck randell Bundy

Jsmfun
19-02-2015, 04:21 PM
i reckon thats when we will be heading of might see you uo there

3rd degree
19-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Would be a wild ride in the lagoon at Musgrave at the moment!

Jsmfun
19-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Would be a wild ride in the lagoon at Musgrave at the moment!
Only crazy people try and ride this out. I would be as high as possible on musgrave if I got stuck out the

Jsmfun
24-02-2015, 01:13 PM
so this weekend looks great to travel out friday arvo anchor up for the night fish 2 perfect days (hopefully) and travel back at first light . how choppy is it up there at the moment it should start to ease thursday. via all the websites
any imput on the weather and local knowledge would be great
cheers scott

Rip it up
24-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I snuck out on Saturday night to masthead island in smooth seas. I think you should find it to be similar this weekend.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair shop.

Rip it up
24-02-2015, 04:08 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/23/7f6c3f579330708a8fa971f7278e694f.jpg

Gladstone Harbour today. Less than 10knots

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

ozynorts
24-02-2015, 04:17 PM
It is white caps out there at the moment. Willy looks to be about right at the moment.

Jsmfun
24-02-2015, 08:01 PM
It is white caps out there at the moment. Willy looks to be about right at the moment.
I think that's the first time I have heard anybody say willyweather is right (lol)
thanks for the heads up guys