PDA

View Full Version : Penn Senator

freefish
05-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi, Inherited a Penn Senator 1/0. Beautiful small reel but not working. When I loosened the end plates got a load of loose parts. Sorted them out all right. None missing but can't get it back together, With all the parts attached to the end plate (winder end) cannot get the spool into position.
Does anyone have an exploded parts diagram that I could copy. Have looked at American sites but they show diagrams for larger Penns & say that they are similar. Have not had this trouble before with larger models. Don't really want to take one apart as they are fiddlely to get back together. Bill

aussiebasser
05-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Is it the same as a 114H
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/penn-114h-special-senator-reel-parts-c-186082_186083_186203.html

Noelm
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
pretty simple reel, I have had one to bits hundreds of times and cant remember any tricky bits, I think you might have something where it shouldn't be.

freefish
09-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the replies. I took one of my other senators apart for comparison. It looks like the pinion is either frozen to the shaft on the reel or permanently attached at the factory. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to free pinion from shaft having already tried not so gentle force. Do not want to damage pinion as replacement may be difficult Bill

Rodman
11-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Order a new one from angler central. If U visit their web site U can get the part number. Most of the penn reels use the same parts

ken