PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify my hull!!! (free carton for positive ID)

Willkerr
30-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Hi All,

I purchased a 2004 6.2m center console last year and am trying to find the manufacturer. It was originally in NT so didn't have a HIN. The previous owner braught it down from Darwin and painted the bloody thing with pressure cans (madness). I have a photo of the boat pre-duco molestation and also stumbled upon the original shipping quote pic from the internet (this describes the boat as a pacific sportfish).
You can make out the sportfish logo which made me think pacific sportfish but they say they didn't make a 6.2m center console. Because it was from NT it didn't have a HIN number and has only recently (2013) had one obtained to register it in WA.

I am desperate to find out the builder and get any info on it i can (would be willing to throw a carton on for a positive ID):P;D

any help greatly appreciated people.

Cheers,

Will.107434107433107432107431107430

Aussie123
30-01-2015, 04:36 PM
I would ask Pacific Sportfish what method they use the measure their boats and then re measure yours the same way.
That will give you a better indication if it is their hull.
Someone may have measured it differently and used that on the paperwork which may explain the differences from Pacific Sportfish.

Shark Poker
30-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes they would have made a 6.2m and sent it to a customer in Darwin if they were asked to. I saw it happen with other models of Pacific Sportfish.
Having said that, there are a few things that don't look classic Sportfish on there. But this was a time when Pacific Boats had just bought Sportfish.

Is there a brand sticker on the Perspex windscreen?

IF it is made by that builder, it was most likely sold by Northside Marine.

So next time you are buying something from Northside Marine, ask if Greg or Bill might be available as they might be able to help. Worth asking.

Oh, and Aussie123: Deep Vee, the company that last made Pacific Sportfish, went broke in around 2002. Not worth asking.

Willkerr
30-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Yes they would have made a 6.2m and sent it to a customer in Darwin if they were asked to. I saw it happen with other models of Pacific Sportfish.
Having said that, there are a few things that don't look classic Sportfish on there. But this was a time when Pacific Boats had just bought Sportfish.

Is there a brand sticker on the Perspex windscreen?

IF it is made by that builder, it was most likely sold by Northside Marine.

So next time you are buying something from Northside Marine, ask if Greg or Bill might be available as they might be able to help. Worth asking.

Oh, and Aussie123: Deep Vee, the company that last made Pacific Sportfish, went broke in around 2002. Not worth asking.

Hey Shark Poker,

Thanks for the info, the original windshield is no longer on the boat nor are the stickers, i just have the photo's now.

I believe Yamba engineering and Noble baught the rights the manufacture the pacific sportfish after the original company went belly up. Yamba marine were no help whatsoever.

Might try northside marine for a bit of info.

Cheers.

Shark Poker
30-01-2015, 05:02 PM
You are welcome, Willkerr.
And by the way, "Bullet Proof" not just one boat, but actually was a limited series made by that builder around 1996/97.

Dignity
30-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Willkerr, cant help you with ID but that is a nice looking rig, would like to one.

Willkerr
30-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Willkerr, cant help you with ID but that is a nice looking rig, would like to one.

Thanks Dignity, she goes and handles well. A coat of jam, t top and new carpet will see her looking mint. Heaps of deckdpace.

The Black Unicorn
02-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Its a Pacific Sportsfish! Please PM me for address. Stone and Wood Pacific Ale thanks!

Willkerr
02-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Its a Pacific Sportsfish! Please PM me for address. Stone and Wood Pacific Ale thanks!

Hahaha, i will need a bit more info than that mate. Needs to lead to some sort of confirmation.

Cheers

cormorant
02-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Nice hull shape that boat and great size for just about everything.

I hope the boat has a genuine history and it probably does . Is it just me or whenever I see a good boat treated badly it makes me very suspicious. Yeah I know some perople just treat stuff like crap and have more money than brains but it makes me suspicious that it could have been stolen as so many boats that end up gone from the eastern states turn up without HIN in far north. This is probably just a previous owner who had no skills and $ but it sort of sets off warning bells and in reality most buyers of stolen stuff still pay full wack and are never aware and are honest themselves.

Be interesting if you ever find out the history and a hint to anyone who has a custom boat built is to on the inside of compartments in a few spots to bead weld the hin or ID number into plate so no matter what years down the track it can be identified as no one will know it is in a compartment and impossible to access with grinding gear etc as we all know thieves will change cabins and console to hide history. Same with glass boats to glass in a raised id number in a few random spots that are inaccessible . Other issue is even if you do identify it if it was stolen the real thieves get away with it unless they are stupid and insurers probably didn't do a full pay out and only loser is probably innocent buyer several transactions down the years.

Willkerr
02-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Nice hull shape that boat and great size for just about everything.

I hope the boat has a genuine history and it probably does . Is it just me or whenever I see a good boat treated badly it makes me very suspicious. Yeah I know some perople just treat stuff like crap and have more money than brains but it makes me suspicious that it could have been stolen as so many boats that end up gone from the eastern states turn up without HIN in far north. This is probably just a previous owner who had no skills and $ but it sort of sets off warning bells and in reality most buyers of stolen stuff still pay full wack and are never aware and are honest themselves.

Be interesting if you ever find out the history and a hint to anyone who has a custom boat built is to on the inside of compartments in a few spots to bead weld the hin or ID number into plate so no matter what years down the track it can be identified as no one will know it is in a compartment and impossible to access with grinding gear etc as we all know thieves will change cabins and console to hide history. Same with glass boats to glass in a raised id number in a few random spots that are inaccessible . Other issue is even if you do identify it if it was stolen the real thieves get away with it unless they are stupid and insurers probably didn't do a full pay out and only loser is probably innocent buyer several transactions down the years.

Hi thanks, i am fairly certain that it was not stolen as you can see the picture of the request for a shipping quote going from Darwin to Dawesville in WA with a photo of the actual boat. The bloke i bought it off didn't look after it but the engine is in great nick and loe hours just cosmetic really. The photo of it on the water in original condition was taken in WA as you can tell by the shoreline. This photo was also on gumtree so again i foubt a thief would also post an original photo. Just a bit of neglect i think.
nothing a bit of TLC won't fix. Great boat for the price i paid.

Cheers.107452107452107452

builder
03-02-2015, 07:16 PM
this boat if built by a boat manufacturer would still have a hidden number or id plate on it somewhere,if if doesnt its either stolen or home made