PDA

View Full Version : New Estuary Boat for BeastMaster

BeastMaster
14-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Just prior to Christmas , the minister for finance and wellbeing, gave me permission to upgrade my12ft Brooker that I’d had since 1977!! – the little tinnie had caught a zillionfish and crabs in her time and it was very sad to see her go. She’s now started anew lease of life, sitting on the back of 60 footer as a tender down in a Gold Coast marina.
So out with the old and in with a new project to keep meamused for a while.
About a month ago , I purchased a 2004 Stessl 4.75 Pro Tournament , she wasn’t exactly a blank canvasfirst up and looked like a show ponywith all the stickers on the hull but she did have plenty of creature comforts and isnow really starting to take shape. I thought it was time to share her looks .I’m primarily going to continue to use it as my estuary boat in and around SE Qld mainly chasing flathead and the likes , and also looking atusing her on our dams as a bass boat. The family is going to Hinchinbrook inSeptember and I’m sure she’ll be more than sorted and ready for a trip up thehighway by then.
She’s powered by a 70 HP four stroke Suzuki on the back, anda 24volt 80lb Minn Kota IPilot up the front. Some of the features are:
· Front casting deck, with plenty of storagebeneath it.
All locker doors are reinforced with platealloy glued and screwed to the ply doors for extra strength.
· A large lockable tackle storage locker.
· Self draining plumbed live well, with recirculation pump and fill pump. The well has a divider to split it in half tostop water slop whilst on the move.
· Removable rear casting deck, with under floorstorage for life jackets and 2 x 25L spare fuel tanks.
· 60L under floor fuel tank.
· Underfloor bilge pump.
· Bay starhydraulic steering
· The casting decks are lit with LED’s flushmounted 360 degs around the gunnels.
· The rear casting deck storage is lit with stripleds under the deck.
· Down the port side is a large lockable rodlocker capable of taking 9foot rods again lit with LEDs.
· On the side console there’s a Lowrance HDS 7running an 83/200 transducer and a LSS2 for side and down imaging.
· Up front there’s a Lowrance Elite 5 running offa transducer mounted on the skeg of the Minn Kota.
· The cockpit has a couple of swivel seats and asmall esky fits just nicely under the console .

The trailer is drive on drive off , but about 6 inches too long to fit in mygarage , so I’m having a little taken off the draw bar this weekend to fit her into the garage.

Fortunately she came unnamed and afterconsidering a lot of names I’m toyingwith calling it “Son of a Beast” so she fits in with my Sportfish called Beast Master , butopen to any suggestions .
Attached are some photos of her layout.
Regards
BeastMaster

aussiebasser
14-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Flash as a rat with a gold tooth.

what about Beauty and the. For a name?

bluefin59
15-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Nice ,I've always liked the edge tracker they are a well built tinnie . Matt

Funchy
15-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Proper flash mate!!

How about Beasty Alley T? :P

castlemaine
24-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Very, very NICE!

Sheik
24-02-2015, 03:44 PM
that's what is called a step up in class. but you have to be so much more careful with the new one. Every little ding shows up.

Smithy
27-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Ahah! I know that boat! It has had a lot of fish come in over the side in its career!

mitc69
03-03-2015, 07:56 AM
very nice indeed