PDA

View Full Version : Best 4.2m-ish hull on the market?

Damned67
14-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Hi All,
I think my aluminium hull is toast, thanks to electrolysis.
Found a hole the other day. Pulled the floor and floatation out today, to find what looks like way too many other potential electrolysis spots to consider repair. I'll still get a professionals opinion on it first though.

Just can't afford a whole new package, not when there's nothing wrong with my trailer and motor.

So, I could be in the market for a new hull. If I can even afford that!

The limitation is the 30HP 2 stroke. So a new hull would need to be suitable for said engine. I don't want to be underpowered.

Who's come across an amazing 4.2m-ish hull lately?

I should add that the boat pretty much fishes the bay, exclusively. Hopefully the new hull will cope with 15+kt winds and associated swell (current hull does well in those conditions).

Cheers!

StevenM
14-01-2015, 05:56 PM
The lads at TABS recon their bull shark only needs that amout

think the hull is between 6-7K

Prowl n Wolf
14-01-2015, 06:13 PM
For me it would be a Coota Craft 13ft little ram or Haines Hunter 400 Prowler.

Cheers Tony.

alleycat
14-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I had a look at a heap of boats recently and ended up buying the stessco catcher 429 limited, it doesn't have the thick gunnels but it has loads of space and is very dry and stable for soft plastic flicking, new price is 3000$, im very happy with mine..

bluefin59
14-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Well while where at it bluefin will have something in there range to suit and I will say they are the best ,but I'm not the least bit biased after 10 yrs with mine hey ...Matt Ps there all the best according to respective owners but I will say my fin has done everything asked of it ...Matt

Chong
15-01-2015, 12:04 AM
im 100% alleycat..great boat for size...ride..stable...its a true all rounder.
Cheers

Noelm
15-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Plenty of boats in that size to look at, from the Telwater range to custom models, there will be something to suit your budget and needs.

Stik-ugly
15-01-2015, 09:11 PM
That's bad news damned about the electrolysis in the hull, do you know what has caused the problem?