PDA

View Full Version : Boats from USA

Gimme5
14-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Would love to hear from people who has over the past year imported a boat from the US, good or bad experiences, recommendations, tips, etc. Any hassles registering imported trailers here? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to mention names here. Thanks in advance.

The Silver Unicorn
14-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Stay away from Di Lyons and LF+I, she is a scumbag thief who caught a few people on here for plenty of money, hopefully she is still bankrupt but who knows....

PROS
14-01-2015, 03:37 PM
importing from US slowed down significantly due to falling exchange rate, only still worth it for large boats of 26ft+ from my research

Noelm
14-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Do a search, this has been covered a thousand times, lots of pit falls, but there is some value, but keep your eyes open, especially the beam of the boat, and the width of the trailer, do NOT take some brokers word for anything.

Gimme5
14-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Gone are the days although there may still be some benefit especially if you're after a boat that's not represented here. Just exploring all options.

importing from US slowed down significantly due to falling exchange rate, only still worth it for large boats of 26ft+ from my research