PDA

View Full Version : New 4 Old Life Jacket Swap

Knotpretty
14-01-2015, 12:03 PM
A couple of weeks ago I received an email from the Maritime Department saying be at the local boat ramp Tues 13th between 2-5pm and swap old life jackets for new ones. Sweet I think drag out two old jackets and down I go yesterday. A big van pulls up to about 60 people and the driver quickly informs everyone only 1 per person (big shipment had not arrived in time) and that a fee of $60.00 per swap was required (there was no mention of money plus old jacked in my email). Yep back in the car and home I go thinking what a con. Many of the boaties were pensioners who travelled some fair distances. So to the wombats who organised this farce well done, pat yourself on the back for nothing. KP

Still_Dreamin
14-01-2015, 12:05 PM
If it sounds to good to be true....

Feral
14-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Be a fairly high end jacket for $60, the ol blockies are still only about $15 each.

Noelm
14-01-2015, 12:22 PM
They have completed the same thing down here, at a different ramp every weekend, it works out you get a good jacket for a much cheaper price than in the shops.

Knotpretty
14-01-2015, 12:56 PM
I agree Noelm the jackets may be value for money but the organisers should have stated the $60.00 charge in the email. I live close to the local ramp but I felt for those who travelled a bit of distance on the promise of a bargin. KP

Noelm
14-01-2015, 01:56 PM
The deal down here was done via a radio promotion and a sign on the local VMR building, the price was advertised as well.