PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Island suggestions

Sandman
12-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Ok am off to norfolk for a week at the end of the month and plan to fish. Any suggestions on charters , am I best taking my own gear and has any one flown fillets back home with them?

Regards

mick

JEWIENEWIE
13-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Mick,
I went over to Norfolk a few years ago and went out on a charter. Wasn't real impressed with the boat I went out in. Got a few small reefies, skipper didn't try real hard to put us onto decent fish, spent most of his time talking to his deckie in there native language which i thought was rude at times. We were harassed by sharks first drop and skipper didnt change his tacked or try different spots. Was very disappointed to tell you the truth as it is such a beautiful place, I am sure there would be awesome fishing to be had over there but the boat I went on or the skipper in charge i should say , didnt want to put us onto it. If you dont fish and want a boat ride go for it. I will try and get the name of the charter for you. cant remember off the top of my head. Otherwise, had a great time over there with the locals very very friendly;).
JN

Sandman
13-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks appreciate your feedback JN pm me the details . I have heard similar reports and had hoped they weren't true. Did you take your own gear? I love fishing so going just for a boat ride won't be on the cards;D
regards
mick

rtp1984
13-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Hey mate.

My my old man went over a few years ago. Managed to catch up with a local pro. A few dollars in his fuel tin got him a run for the day. Chased table reefies to supply the islands resorts. And was sent home with a feed Only for that night, but had a great day on the water.
I have no details, but I'm sure the right questions to the right people over there will point you in the right direction.

Cheers
Rob