PDA

View Full Version : What are we doing for Australia Day ?

Lucky_Phill
08-01-2015, 04:58 PM
What plans do you have for the Public Holiday ?

Fishing, Camping, Boating, 4 x 4 ing ???? ( maybe you are working ??? :( )

Spending the day with the family, maybe at the cricket or just chillin at the beach.

I usually play it by ear due to weather at this time of year.

My 3 options are:-

1....... 2 - 3 days on Fraser Island ( no boat, just touristing )

2....... Somerset Dam skiing and BBQ

3...... If the weather is stupidly good......... Agnes Water / 1770 for a couple of days with the big boat.

cheers LP

Noelm
08-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Seeing as its the last day of my holidays, I will probably be crying......well, maybe not, probably just a family BBQ, and a game of "test" cricket in the back yard, followed by a swim in the pool, muck around with the grand kids and bomb them in the pool, then yell at them if they bomb me!

bluefin59
08-01-2015, 06:50 PM
My son in laws new pool should be finished by then so I will probably take the wife over for a few casts , whoops I mean a swim and a family barbie ..Matt

Moejoes
08-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Hopefully fishing or relaxing at Tanga's.
Bring on a glass out weekend pleeeaaaassseeeeeeee...............

Still_Dreamin
08-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Working so I guess the rest of you will be fishing in glassed out conditions :(

Prowl n Wolf
09-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Agnes water for me. Hoping to try a few new marks kindly given to me from Tony at 1770 bait and tackle.

For those that don't know Tony has moved premises back into town where the old foodworks was.

Cheers Tony.

daveo17
09-01-2015, 05:38 AM
staying away from the busy boat ramps worst day of the year for it.

wayno60
09-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Working!!!!

Funchy
09-01-2015, 05:59 AM
Agnes water for me. Hoping to try a few new marks kindly given to me from Tony at 1770 bait and tackle.

For those that don't know Tony has moved premises back into town where the old foodworks was.

Cheers Tony.

And it looks a treat!

spudghetti
09-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Stanage bay. Hoping the wind dies down

spudghetti
09-01-2015, 11:18 AM
If the weather is no good try for a few famous Thirsty Sound mud crabs.

GM-Bluewater
10-01-2015, 10:45 AM
All depends on the wind, if its 3-4 days of glassy conditions then its off to Fraser, if not then a lads trip to DI with every other bogan and their sooty GQ Patrols....

Lucky_Phill
10-01-2015, 11:00 AM
All depends on the wind, if its 3-4 days of glassy conditions then its off to Fraser, if not then a lads trip to DI with every other bogan and their sooty GQ Patrols....

Yep, every Australia Day, every " sooty " Pootrol and similar hit the beaches between Noosa and DI ( rainbow ) and they all have Aussie flags hanging off them, a blue cattle dog in the back, Shiela is in the front seat with a durry in her gob and Jonno is driving with a beer in one hand, there are 4 kids in the back seat each with their own ipad / iphone, Gameboy etc.

Note to self......... do not, under any circumstances, hit the beaches between the first cutting Noosa and the Liesha Track over Australia Day. :(

cheers

FisHard
10-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Probably driving to Sydney like a usual Monday. Not that I would miss the boat ramp dramas if the weather is good. Hope everyone has a good day.

chris69
10-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Ill be putting a sign up at midnight at the spinniker boat ramp saying its close for maintenance just to have it to myself.

bugman
10-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Shooting deer

banksmister
11-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Shooting deer

Whats Leanne done to deserve that.

bugman
11-01-2015, 06:48 AM
No mate.... She's just dear!

Feral
11-01-2015, 08:32 AM
staying away from the busy boat ramps worst day of the year for it.
Amen to that!
Unless you take an esky and a deck chair and go for the entertainment ;)

cuzzamundi
12-01-2015, 07:04 PM

If I recall correctly, this is not the first time I've seen you hack on the older Patrols. What happened, mate? Someone in a GQ take your lunch money from you?

Cuzza

GM-Bluewater
13-01-2015, 07:43 AM
If I recall correctly, this is not the first time I've seen you hack on the older Patrols. What happened, mate? Someone in a GQ take your lunch money from you?

Cuzza

No offence to the drivers of GQ's and the like who do the right thing Cuzza! But unfortunately they are in the minority! Every time i am at Fraser or coming home along Teewah, which is quite often, there is always some clown either cutting hoops up and down the beach, speeding or ripping up sand dunes in a chariot of the bogan with a P plate hanging on the back! Just gets a bit tiring. And Aussie day brings them out in droves, more southern cross tattoo's than you could poke an ugly stick at!

aussiebasser
13-01-2015, 08:27 AM
I normally celebrate Australia Day by fishing for Murray Cod. Unfortunately, this year my boss has asked me to organise a function for some visiting hierarchy from the UK on Australia Day. This will be the first time in many, many years that I've worked on my birthday, but I guess entertaining the bosses on a Fish The Deep charter chasing marlin won't be too tough.

marto78
13-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Hopefully have a fish off 1770 for the first time in nearly 18 months.

Lucky_Phill
15-01-2015, 04:02 PM
I have locked in my plans.

4 days camping at Somerset Dam...... with the added attraction of skiing, tubing, knee-boarding, bbq's, boating, jet skiing, swimming and more.

I'll be at The Spit Day Area on Australia Day.

cheers LP