PDA

View Full Version : Flushing motor at boat ramp?

gruntahunta
08-01-2015, 04:20 PM
I have started using the tap at the boat ramp to flush my motor when I come in after hours. This allows me to flush straight away instead of waiting til 8am in the morning or if it's a weekday, at 4pm the next afternoon when I get home from work.

My question is, can I or should I get in trouble for this? I supply my own fittings and have a tap key as the council have removed the tap key.

The ramp is no where near houses to worry anyone.

astro66
08-01-2015, 04:46 PM
heaps of people do it mate ....bradman av next to the park is a tap to flush with...

JulianDeMarchi
08-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I have started using the tap at the boat ramp to flush my motor when I come in after hours. This allows me to flush straight away instead of waiting til 8am in the morning or if it's a weekday, at 4pm the next afternoon when I get home from work.

My question is, can I or should I get in trouble for this? I supply my own fittings and have a tap key as the council have removed the tap key.

It's our water. I would like to think it's OK for you to do this. Best bet is to probally call the council and get a final opinion on it.

LittleSkipper
08-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Well, if you think about it the council have removed the tap key for a reason?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevebris
08-01-2015, 07:06 PM

To stop the small minority of tap users who leave it going from using the facility? 😜
One bad apple!

scorpo92
08-01-2015, 07:06 PM

I think thats more so to stop people leaving the taps running.

Scalem
08-01-2015, 10:34 PM
I get my fuel from the same Caltex servo close to home most of the time. So I asked if they don't mindI use some of their water occasionally to rinse the trailer and motor down after hours.... No problems! Try this approach, but you have to know them and a 24 hour servo is better as the normal traffic noise is sometimes worse than the noise your outboard makes.

Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gruntahunta
08-01-2015, 11:32 PM
heaps of people do it mate ....bradman av next to the park is a tap to flush with...

thanks Astro....that tap in Bradman is across the road from houses...would be too loud there at night I would think. The one at Fishetmans is mikes away from any house.

rayken1938
09-01-2015, 04:35 AM
How long would the queue be if everyone did it?
Cheers
Ray

Noelm
09-01-2015, 06:00 AM
I guess this is almost suitable to be in the ramp thread that was started a while ago, my local ramp has a small wash down bay, fits two boats, but every now and then, you get some dimwit pull up and take everything out of the boat, hook up the hose and get out a bucket and suds and proceed to near on full detail the boat, on weekends, this sort of thing causes no end of arguments and friction.... The whole idea for the wash down is to give the boat and trailer a quick wash down, not a soap wash and chamois, this bay is right beside houses, and there is signs clearly stating to noT flush motors late at night and so on, but people still do, a noisy old 2 stroke at midnight must go down well with the residents, I can see the wash down bay and tap being removed shortly, simply because of idiots.

gruntahunta
09-01-2015, 07:11 AM
How long would the queue be if everyone did it?
Cheers
Ray

hi Ray

i only do it at night, almost every time there is not one car at the ramp.

gruntahunta
09-01-2015, 07:14 AM
I guess this is almost suitable to be in the ramp thread that was started a while ago, my local ramp has a small wash down bay, fits two boats, but every now and then, you get some dimwit pull up and take everything out of the boat, hook up the hose and get out a bucket and suds and proceed to near on full detail the boat, on weekends, this sort of thing causes no end of arguments and friction.... The whole idea for the wash down is to give the boat and trailer a quick wash down, not a soap wash and chamois, this bay is right beside houses, and there is signs clearly stating to noT flush motors late at night and so on, but people still do, a noisy old 2 stroke at midnight must go down well with the residents, I can see the wash down bay and tap being removed shortly, simply because of idiots.

yes if there are house nearby, definitely not the thing to do. In my situation there are no houses to worry about.

Funchy
09-01-2015, 10:57 AM
I use the one at my local all the time. Same deal, have tap key and fittings etc. Plenty of people do it