PDA

View Full Version : 140 hp susuki

bachoau
31-12-2014, 02:30 PM
My 140 hp suzuki has 320 hours on it the oil light for servicing is on. Was out Sunday and motor was surging like low fuel feed. I know now how to reset this light. I had serviced the engine at 370 hours and have no problems there. My main query is the engine stopped a few times while cruising and the low power would this be caused by this oil light.

Moonlighter
31-12-2014, 02:42 PM
More likely to be a load of dirty fuel. Check and change out the main water-separating fuel filter (you do have one, don't you?) and check that the breather is not blocked.

what year is your engine?

zan0_15
31-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey mate
Also check your fuel lines, they may have delaminated causing small fragments to break off inside and block the filter.

bachoau
31-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Yep it's 2007 just had new fuel lines fitted with new tank will check inline razor filter replaced it as well as inline low and high pressure under couling. Engine ran fine on previous trip sounds to me like the high pressure gauze filter on the high pressure pump

wardy40
31-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Might want to open the drain on the bottom of the vapour separator located behind the intake manifold and check the condition of the fuel coming out of the small drain hose. This will tell you if crap or water has got all the way to the final screen.

Moonlighter
31-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Also, being a 2007, I hate to say this, but check for corrosion around the "welsh plug" below the flushing port on the port side of the engine. I am fairly certain that 140's up to 2007/8 had the steel plug still, and suffered dissimilar metal corrosion at this place, causes all sorts of problems but can be fixed.

Google "Suzuki DF140 engine holder corrosion" and you will find lots of information.

If if yours hasn't been replaced yet, might be time to do it before it becomes a bigger problem. Alloy replacements are available if you can get the steel one out without destroying the threads. Or, once removed, the hole can be welded over.

Lucky_Phill
01-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Have you checked the dreaded " white wire " Zuk issue. ?

LP