PDA

View Full Version : transom jacking plates?

mitchellbj
18-12-2014, 06:25 PM
hey guys just bought myself a 3.4m fibreglass tri hull and im looking for a motor to put on it. I have been looking around and most of the good outboards are long leg. my transom is 420mm from bottom of keel to top of transom can anyone recommend me on how I can put a long leg on or a good brand of jacking plate. cheers in advance

aussiebasser
18-12-2014, 06:31 PM
I paid about $800 for an 8" hydraulic Jack plate. The problem is as you move the motor further back you have to lift the motor so you'll be fighting against yourself. You need to go up without going back.

Marchy001
18-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Have a look at Vance manufacturing. They make a few different ones I got a 3" manual for my DF140/Seafarer and it's great. Fine tuning engine height is so much easier. Was only around $180 delivered and very easy company to deal with. Mine arrived without the brass adjuster nut so I emailed them with a picture and he was a little embarrassed but express posted the nut and a set of stainless mounting bolts free. I think it arrived 2 or 3 days later which is pretty good from the states. Been on for around 18 months and I love it. They also do static lift plates which just lift the motor a set of holes which may do what your after.

chris69
18-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Why cant you get a short leg motor?,or just fill in the transom.

Fido
18-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Why cant you get a short leg motor?,or just fill in the transom.

Solas Propellors on the North Coast should be able to help. I imported my Jack Plates From Bobs Machine Shop in the USA but they were for twin 350hp motors.