PDA

View Full Version : Moving a seapen??

bannana
14-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey guys,

Im getting close to getting my boat sorted and once this is done I would like to get my seapen that is located down at aquatic paradise moved up to hervey bay. When I had the pen installed by seapen a couple of months ago (just to get my boat sorted) they said they do the moves here and there but didn't sound to keen on it.

Does anyone know someone who does these moves that knows what they are doing and approximately what the costs & lead time are??

cheers

Rip it up
15-12-2014, 12:44 AM
We have done a move from mooloolaba to Gladstone with a pen to suit a 38ft boat.

Not a easy task. Team of 8 blokes needed to reassemble.

Poly welding was involved, as the seapen was cut into smaller sections to transport.

The nettings and liner was the hardest. Heavy and awkward.

We assembled close on an unused boat ramp and towed it around to the berth with small boats.

So yes it can be done. But needs planning.

Damo's dodgy boat building factory.

lethal098
15-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Just did this in the last 2 weeks, had a shallow entry pen moved from Biggera Waters to Redcliffe, cost $2200 had the guys from Sea Pen do the job, was approx 3 weeks notice to get them to do it.
Could have done it ourselves but wasn't worth the risk. The pens now are designed to pull apart relatively easily, but still fragile in the membrane.