PDA

View Full Version : Sea Jay Touch up paint

NEW HORIZONS
05-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know where I can obtain white touch up paint for my 2010 Sea Jay or the specs for this paint ,no luck from Sea jay or original Dealer

Thanks New Horizons

shaungonemad
05-12-2014, 11:33 AM
It sounds like they put it in the to hard basket I rang Horizon about my boat and the have all the records on file, You would think sea jay would do as well I know the white on my boat is straight white tinter not sure if yours would be the same. If you have a painted piece that you can take off some places can colour match it.

robothefisho
05-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Johns paint shed at hemmant brisbane. Take the boat with you.

Darren Mc
06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah, ring around a few panel shop's and ask if they can match you some 2k or direct gloss 2pac. You'll have to take the boat or a sample for them to match against.
Only thing is, panel shop's in brisbane are busy so you may need to call a few.

NEW HORIZONS
06-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks to all who replied ,I have been contacted by Sea Jay via this forum, they advise the paint is a custom mix with no formal id code. They offered to send some paint to the selling dealer and I have accepted their offer.

I had been hoping I could purchase in a spray can a la Quintrex, Yamaha.

Maybe Sea Jay as a premier manufacturer could look at providing this option

shaungonemad
06-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Good to see you got some answers.

Darren Mc
06-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Good to see Sea Jay organised that for you. That's what you call excellent customer service.

NEW HORIZONS
15-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Just got a call from sea jay dealer my touch up paint is ready for pick up ,excellent result.

Thanks Sea Jay and Stones Corner Marine

Cheers Terry

Seahorse
15-12-2014, 11:40 AM
When u get ur paint, take it to a paint distributer like Harts and they can put it in an aerosaol. In all aerosols there is only a 100 ml of paint.
i use to do it at my old place of employment.
Dont go there, they are a bunch of ar....holes.