PDA

View Full Version : Beacon to Beacon _ Last Edition?

castlemaine
02-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Heard today that the 'Beacon to Beacon' will not have any new additions printed due to the Government seeing it not an important issue.

Pity, I not only think it's an important book but an icon to 'Brownie'.

I suppose it'll be privatised.

Cheers

Moonlighter
02-12-2014, 06:31 PM
You can download sections for free from the website, Ivan. Yes, they will no longer print them for sale, but you can save whichever sections you want to a tablet computer or print out at home yourself.

cheers

PS the sand crabs are back in that spot I told you about! We got 17 on Sunday morning.

castlemaine
03-12-2014, 08:47 AM
You can download sections for free from the website, Ivan. Yes, they will no longer print them for sale, but you can save whichever sections you want to a tablet computer or print out at home yourself.

cheers

PS the sand crabs are back in that spot I told you about! We got 17 on Sunday morning.

Went out there, a couple of weeks ago and got 12 but not real big. Threw another dozen or more just under. Nearly got to the point of selling the boat but the girls wouldn't let me. Had to get a new motor and then GPS failed. Motor failed due to faulty fuel cap, with water running down the gunnel entering the fuel tank. Motor doesn't like compressing water. Can't wait for this wind to die down.
Good to see the maps have gone 'paperless'

Moonlighter
03-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Hope you have a Racor style water separating fuel filter fitted now!

TheRealAndy
03-12-2014, 09:41 AM
They have been telling us that its going out of print for many years, but they keep changing their mind the next year.

castlemaine
03-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Hope you have a Racor style water separating fuel filter fitted now!

Had one previously but there was a torrent of water in the tank. Had the carbie cleaned and spent a weekend pulling out and cleaning the fuel tank but the damage was done. The motor progressively got worse. Chose to get a bigger new motor rather than re-condition the old one, runs a dream now.
The old cap not only didn't seal well but was low on the gunnel. New cap and lifted the lip.