PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone Fuel

bugman
21-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Gents etal,
On Tuesday morning I'll be in Gladstone trying to find a servo to pump 800 litres of premium into the big girl.
I don't do vouchers as I don't shop at Coles or Woolies but was looking for a servo that does the 4 or 8 cents off a litre if you buy 2 choccies etc.
Requirements are: Must be open at 6:00am and must be able to cater for a 4.5m high boat. Close to - or on the way to - the Gladstone Harbour / Curtis Ferry terminal.
Anyone point me in the right direction.
Brett

robsue
21-11-2014, 07:04 AM
with coles/woollies vouchers it is 150 litres limit, think others would be same

sharkymark2
21-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Need to go back 5 more times after the first one.8-)::)

GBC
21-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Don't know about pricing, but I used to buy drums of Jet a1 and unleaded from the BP depot on Hansen Rd. Couple of 44's on the back and you'll troll the ribbons from there Brett. They also have (had) bowsers there.

bugman
22-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Ok fuel might be a bit hard to find - but what about block ice in Gladstone - anyone do block ice?

Johnm
22-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Try Caltex in Blain drive it is on the way to the harbour. Although at 4.5metres you would have to check the rail electrification. Not sure about the discount. Other option Puma at the Calliope Crossroads.

Spaniard_King
23-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Brett PM Samson on here, I have been up there with him.

We used a BP about 1.5klm from the ramp which had good access for big boats and had all the ice you want :)

bugman
23-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks mate,
I've lined up some big 20kg bags from the ice supplier up there - he doesn't do blocks and I wouldn't mind a few of those for the food eskies.
Everything is packed and ready for tomorrow's departure.
PS - I checked all my marks for the area and found a list of pro marks I was supplied by a special person ::) and found quite a few for that area you fish east of Wilson. The list is still on a hard copy but I've crossed reference with the map and there's a heap east of Wilson and Broomfield. I'll punch a few in and check them out.
Brett

Sheik
23-11-2014, 12:28 PM
good luck bugs. may your beer be cold and your bait be fresh.

Rip it up
25-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Enjoy the scenery mate. Nice fishing haven in Gladstone.

Fuel options are 24hr BP servo on Dawson highway at the Glenlyon road end. Or the caltex on blain drive.

I think the BP even does block Ice at times.

Neither will give you a fuel discount though.

BP does have ice break on special at the moment though. 2x $7 750ml.

Damo's dodgy boat building factory.

Gazza.Boyne
26-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi Bugman,
Best price for fuel up this way at the moment is BP at Boyne Island? A little bit out of your way, but I just filled up both tanks on my Landcruiser this afternoon with unleaded 91 at $1.39/L. Might be worth a phone call on your way through.
Cheers Gazza

Volvo
29-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Gents etal,
On Tuesday morning I'll be in Gladstone trying to find a servo to pump 800 litres of premium into the big girl.
I don't do vouchers as I don't shop at Coles or Woolies but was looking for a servo that does the 4 or 8 cents off a litre if you buy 2 choccies etc.
Requirements are: Must be open at 6:00am and must be able to cater for a 4.5m high boat. Close to - or on the way to - the Gladstone Harbour / Curtis Ferry terminal.
Anyone point me in the right direction.
Brett

Deisel or Petrol from the sounds of it :)??? Servo out on Blaine Drive out towards the Power Station at present would have the cheapest fuel matey Or did have last time i filled the GXL..Might have to suss it out prior as to how to get your rig in and out of there though and as for Ice?? Barney Point Butchers have 20 odd kilo bags for aprox $7 a bag or if you dont want it rock hard but not too bad Gladstone Fish Market has em for $4 a ten kilo bag...
Dont know where the BP 1.5 kilometers from Boat ramp is ??...
Couple of weeks returning back from Brissy fuel was near ten cents a ltr in Miramvale if you want to have a squizz there before arriving otherwise i find Happyrock fuel prices on the %#@$ side :) , shouldnt be too hard to decipher through that one lol..
800 ltrs mate !!! what rig you running???..

mitc69
30-11-2014, 05:11 AM
well if your in the share market; wait next week or so, petrol should hit $1.20 - $1.30/L, as cruel oil has dropped to 68$ a barrel and is still heading to 50$ barrel if saudi keeps at it