PDA

View Full Version : Another croc sighted in the Mary River, Maryborough on 18-11-14.

GraemeW
20-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Heard from a very reliable source that another crocodile was sighted in the Mary River on Tuesday.
Rangers acknowledged this information confirming it but this has not been made public yet.
The crocodile is over 3 metres in length & has been given the name Stumpy due to missing part of its tail.

spelchek
20-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Sounds like it's time to invite the mother in law for a fishing trip on the Mary.

aussiebasser
20-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Um, no, I heard it on Tuesday morning, sorry. Not such a massive scoop.

Greg P
20-11-2014, 11:50 AM
i read somewhere earlier this week they believed there were three more in addition to the one caught

scorpo92
20-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Not to worry. The bull sharks will eat em

Sheik
20-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Any idea where? Last one was up towards Mungar right? Was it past the barrage or still in the salt?

Chong
20-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Any idea where? Last one was up towards Mungar right? Was it past the barrage or still in the salt?
Sheik,
was at Grahams Creek, in the salt.

Yep Greg, that was me, pro tells me at least 2+ more around the place.

Right you are scorpo, also in the last week we have caught a 4 ft black tip reef shark in town section of river and small hammerhead closer to river heads...i dont let kids swim in the river, but i like spelcek idea :)
Cheers

Sheik
20-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Wow, that's along way up there chong.
Might have to stop wading after mullet, which really shoits me.

Chong
20-11-2014, 04:49 PM
yeh Sheik, no fresh in river so everything gone way up...fish, prawns, crabs, crocs, people, never seen so many boats heading up stream.
Cheers

Sheik
20-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Yes, heard some kingies up past Copenhagen, and some prawn also.

the gecko
03-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Sheik,

Right you are scorpo, also in the last week we have caught a 4 ft black tip reef shark in town section of river and small hammerhead closer to river heads...i dont let kids swim in the river, but i like spelcek idea :)
Cheers

Ive caught Black Tip Reef shark up the back of the Burrum at powerstation ramp, Howard. If they go that far up the Burrum, then they are up the Mary too. I also caught a 6-7ft bull shark at River Heads in shallow water (China Bite). They are everywhere.

The pros have been on the money with croc sightings, they know how many there really are, and so does Fisheries.

SandStorm
15-12-2014, 11:08 AM
I spoke to an old timer a few weeks ago he says there are a dozen or more in th river, they go back and forth to Fraser. He said there have always been crocks in the Mary big buggers to.