PDA

View Full Version : Curious - HH 680 patriot nightmare

fnqmuddy
30-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Have been off the PC for a while and finally sat down to do some catch up reading...and noticed The Shafter's thread on the HH 680 patriot has been hidden? Was there any explanations or resolutions? :o

aussiebasser
31-10-2014, 07:58 AM
You'll have to follow their facebook page. They can keep everything under control there and just delete any comments that start pointing toward the truth. They've got some movement mob working for them and advising them now. It's the same mob who had the guy demolish his Jeep recently. We may get to see a boat beaten to death soon.

fnqmuddy
31-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info Aussiebasser, I did find it and had a read, although I believe the comments and the certain people posting the 'truth' that were removed...well...weren't really posting the truth lol, or things even remotely related (DM, LM, AM etc).

Unfortunately it looks like no good news...although, it deepens my curiosity as to why the moderators needed to remove the thread? It was still valuable information for potential buyers, and with nearly 90,000 views last I saw?

aussiebasser
31-10-2014, 11:12 AM
The thread would only have been removed at the request of the original poster. There was nothing to cause the Mods to delete it. My guess is that this representative mob told them to get it off as there were a lot of questions being asked with no answers being supplied.
Funny, if you search The Shafter's posts now, there is no mention of any problem at all with his boat. That seems a little strange. There are a few pics of it and there is a report about him breaking his anchor rope and another about fuel economy, bugger all else.

bonneville
31-10-2014, 04:13 PM
The thread would only have been removed at the request of the original poster. There was nothing to cause the Mods to delete it. My guess is that this representative mob told them to get it off as there were a lot of questions being asked with no answers being supplied.
Funny, if you search The Shafter's posts now, there is no mention of any problem at all with his boat. That seems a little strange. There are a few pics of it and there is a report about him breaking his anchor rope and another about fuel economy, bugger all else.
maybe, just maybe, there's a legal push, or maybe a conditional requirement on an agreed outcome from the said boat "builders" !
I'd be watching very closely over the next couple of months, and see how it plays out,
im picking a resolution is near at hand,.......... but then its all crap about the "said" damage,
I'd be waiting a bit before expressing unvalidated and unfactual or substantiated opinions.
has been a sad saga, with to many people big noting themselves,
I personally can confirm, one new patriot order cancelled due to unsatisfactory reply, to a quality question, pending signing the dotted line for purchase !
tis been a sad saga, and one that should not have dribbled on as it has done.
but that is only my opinion
bonneville

lee8sec
25-12-2014, 07:57 AM
They updated there facebook page with new photo's & comments, not over yet. And that is the sad part.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haines-Hunter-Our-680-Patriot-Nightmare/561237797319200

Bremic
25-12-2014, 11:29 AM
This can't be good for HH, how many people would have crossed HH off the shopping list, even with regard to second hand boats? You reckon they would be just as keen as the owners to get it sorted so that it goes away.