PDA

View Full Version : Vale........ Barry Kliese

Lucky_Phill
29-10-2014, 04:49 PM
My Uncle, Friend and Mentor, Barry Kliese ( AF member mighty-quinn ) passed away today at the age of 70. :'(

A motor mechanic who took up the opportunity many years ago to become a manual arts school teacher at places like Nambour and Shailer Park High Schools.

A life long fishermen with many credits to his name and also a long term member of the Victory Amatuer Fishing Club. He held is own in many SQAFCA competitions, mainly the Light Gear Championships. Barry also participated in the Qld schools fishing clinics on Moreton Island for many years along side Dave Bateman, Barry Pollock, Bruce Alvey and others.

He recently undertook the dream trip of a live-aboard fishing trip to the West Coast, Kimberleys of WA. I also managed to help Barry get his first Red Emporer at 1770 last year and we shared many many fishing trips over the years.

I will recount one trip some 20 plus years ago at 1770 while we were there for a week, when we headed out for a fish in my 17ft Glass boat with only a compass as our guide, no sounder / gps etc. Managed to get to the islands where we filled our esky in no time. We had to borrow some fuel from a cruise ship to get back and spent over 3 hours filleting our fish. We did this week long trip for many years in a row after that and he considered 1770 a special place.

Barry retired to Pelican Waters on the Sunshine Coast where his fishing lifestyle was well suited.

Condolences to his wife Jan, daughter Yolande and son Jason.

R.I.P.

Phill

theoldlegend
29-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Very sad news Phill. Sounds like he was a very good person. Please accept our condolences.

Hang in there.

TheRealAndy
29-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear Phill. Best wishes to you and the family mate.

Crunchy
29-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Nice eulogy for a keen fisho Phil I'm sure he would appreciate it

Dignity
29-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Both my wife's and mine condolences to all of the family members, Barry was one of the nicest people I have had the fortune to meet of recent years. Barry and Jan were stalwart members of the Pelican Waters Tavern Fishing Club where he held the position of weigh master at one time, we spent many a yarn about fishing, my only regret is that we never got to cross lines. Barry certainly loved his fishing and I know that both Barry and Jan thoroughly enjoyed their fishing trips and were looking forward to a return trip to the Kimberly's.

My wife, I and the many members of the PWTFC will certainly miss Barry.

ifishcq1
29-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Phil, Sincerest condolences to the family

Cheers

Greg P
29-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Great tribute Phill - sorry to hear the news.

Chong
29-10-2014, 09:57 PM
:'( sad news mate, all the best to family and friends. happy fishing Barry...heavenly hook ups ;) forever more...
Cheers

Ausfish
30-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Sorry to hear of you loss. Condolences to you and family

ozynorts
30-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Nice words Phill. Condolences to the family.

honda900
30-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, condolences to you and family..

Regards
Honda.

Mike Delisser
31-10-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Phill and sorry for your loss, from what you wrote I can tell he must have meant a lot to you.

Lucky_Phill
06-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Yesterday was a great day for many reasons. But mostly to celebrate the life of Barry. The service auditorim was packed to the rafters so to speak. Barry must have made an impression / touched a lot of people in his life.

Good to see a large representation from Coast Guard Caloundra there.

I met many a person that Barry spoke to me about over the years and also had people coming up to me and telling me the same. A great feeling to meet all these people who shared a common thread, being Barry.

An amazingly heart felt tribute to him by his Daughter ( Yolande ) with son Jason by her side. My father ( Terry, Barry's brother ) spoke to the gathering and read an appropriate poem.

It was an honor and a privelege for me to say a few words and relay a story or two.

Jason then spoke and left us to watch a great photographic tribute.

During the speeches there was sadness, but also laughter and a lot of heads nodding in agreement to stories about Barry's undertakings and adventures. Seems his playing the game of cards ( 500 ) is legendary.

After the service we milled around with cups of tea and mini sangas, but after an hour many of us headed to the Power Boat Club where we cut a cake, enjoyed some refreshments and shared stories about this great man, while sitting on the grass overlooking Bribie Passage. Beautiful day !

( If anyone attends a funeral and is asked to say some words or wants to, please do not shy away, it is nerve racking, but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to say something to someone you will never see again. They will hear your words. )

Phill