PDA

View Full Version : curious on boat trailer

mitc69
24-10-2014, 07:25 PM
idk if any1 done it before but has any1 try rhino tinting there tailer? so it dosent rust? since I have them on my dual cab, would it work on trailers too?.. even the mags on the wheel and just not the break disc?

docaster
25-10-2014, 07:19 AM
G'day Mitc, I gather your talking about the spray on tub liner?
Maybe it would crack or split from the flexing a trailer would have and then have dramas with corrosion underneath.
I certainly haven't tried it but would depend if its warranted.

wags on the water
25-10-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd be curious to know if you back your dual cab into the saltwater the same as you would back a trailer and have no rust issues. Let me know after one to two years and report back - then we'll give it a go if all is well.

mitc69
26-10-2014, 06:58 AM
i was inspire when i found theses, looks cool and maybe long lasting... now just need find a local tint to apply it on my new trailer

Camhawk88
26-10-2014, 07:36 AM
It would work well except getting the lining to completely seal inside the trailer would be the problem. Most trailers rust from inside out.

chris69
26-10-2014, 10:41 AM
They are Bass boat trailers for fresh water as you can see there made with I beam [probbly ally] as they sink them to retrive there big boats,theres a few threads on coating trailer on ausfish have a search.

the gecko
27-10-2014, 04:47 PM
My trailer rusted from the inside out, and one day the drawbar broke just arfter I retreived the boat at the ramp. It took a tow truck and tilt tray to get the boat and trailer home. Lucky I had RACQ Ultra.

Now I look on trailers as disposable things that should be sold every few years before they rust out. Just Lanox them and try and get the most out of them, but dont fall in love with em.

bluefin59
27-10-2014, 05:51 PM
My trailer rusted from the inside out, and one day the drawbar broke just arfter I retreived the boat at the ramp. It took a tow truck and tilt tray to get the boat and trailer home. Lucky I had RACQ Ultra.

Now I look on trailers as disposable things that should be sold every few years before they rust out. Just Lanox them and try and get the most out of them, but dont fall in love with em.

Exactly, use them for what they are then get a new one but I like a drive on as it makes life quick and easy but if you want it to last forever don't use it or winch on . Mine is ten yr old And been in hundreds of times so I don't care . Matty

aussiebasser
27-10-2014, 06:02 PM
You should not paint over a galvanised trailer.

ifishcq1
27-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I think the idea is good, but
How much does it cost?, does it chip, does it remain flexible, does it last in a tin so you can repair scratches
because I got my 11m trailer galv dipped for $1200 including freight to Townsville and back to Yeppoon
There is no way it would be as durable as gal particularly if it goes hard
the other option if spraying and filling your trailer from new with enzfluid or similar, then check it regularly