PDA

View Full Version : Without a vision our Pollies a re useless

sharkymark2
09-10-2014, 10:45 AM
For many years I have used third world class ramps in Brisbane. I know that we have got some new improvments that seem great in some wind conditions but in others they turn very poor. The ramp at Northern point of Victoria Point can be atrocious in windy conditions:o. The southern ramp can be worse. Weinham ramp is pretty good in all weather conditions. I only once went to Wellington Point ramp during a a southeasterly to test out a new boat and after standing there for a few minutes and looking at the surf crashing on the ramp I decided to go home.
I saw a photo of a newish ramp at Murray's wharf, Boondoree national Park and thought this would be just what we need. If anybody would care to send this on to his local Polly it would be great. Only cost $750,000. If we cancel all the coffee machine contracts for QLD and give our public servants instant coffee we might have enough money to make a start. Dream on fellow fishers ;DWithout a Vision our Pollies

Back In Black
09-10-2014, 12:22 PM
That looks brilliant!!

Tony

aussiebasser
09-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Should they consider a $10 charge to use the ramp to raise the funds to improve it? Similar to Toll Roads.

Jsmfun
09-10-2014, 01:54 PM
that would be awesome way better than the jetty in the middle of a ramp

Volvo
09-10-2014, 03:47 PM
carefull there:)!!! someone may just take youup on that and make everything " üser Pays " to fund even if you are allready paying for it...

scottar
09-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Not in favour of paying twice for stuff but that said, when I was living in Perth some of the ramps were "user pays". Not that the ramps were great but they were great to use because everyone else used the free ones. The problem with user pays in this sort of situation, is the ridiculous amount of funds that get chewed up in simply setting up and policing the system. More would be spent on that each year than on the improvements. Not to mention the chance of the funds being "reallocated". As for pollies having vision - They do but most of their time is spent with their head up their own ar*e. As a consequence, most of what they tend to have visions of is sh*t.

aussiebasser
09-10-2014, 05:57 PM
We pay for a lot of toll roads around Brisbane. We pay to use a lot of Dams. In other States, many ramps are pay to use. I don't really see an issue with it. How many people who will never go near that ramp on a windy day should have to pay for it?

sharkymark2
09-10-2014, 09:56 PM
I think we are letting our fears influence us to much. This kind of ramp should be free because of the vast amount of dollars we put back into local communities. We are a great big club that don't know each other till you say to the next person "do you fish". We are a force to be reckoned with.

TheRealPoMo
10-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I already paid.
There is a sticker on my boat and a sticker on my trailer plus some smelly stuff in the boat's fuel tank....I cannot use any of it without a ramp.

rayken1938
10-10-2014, 06:09 AM
There are only 3 dams that you currently pay to use in qld. Are you suggesting that we will no longer have to pay to register our boats and only pay to launch?
Cheers
Ray::)

Short Fuse
10-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Hi all. If you own a registered boat in Queensland, you are currently paying a yearly fee that was introduced to assist with the costs of boat ramp construction and maintenance, and to help improve recreational boating infrastructure throughout the state.

It was first introduced as the Private Pleasure Vessel Levy (PPV) a number of years ago and set at $6 per boat. In true bureaucratic fashion, it has undergone a name change, and a number of fee increases and currently hides on your rego notice under the Recreational Use Fee and is $18.65 per year.

There is no need to give the authorities a "charge us to use a boat ramp" excuse. Apart from the RUF, they rip off a huge amount from every litre of fuel you buy for your boat, take GST and duties out of your car and boat insurance and also GST on every one of your fishing toys. On top of that, if you are a drinker and smoker, then you are probably funding a new boat ramp each year on your own.

cheers

Jeff

SUPERDAFF
10-10-2014, 10:45 PM
THEY'RE ALREADY GOUGING US ..
Spot on Short Fuse (other than the reference to the gaffs and grog). "User pays?" - Give me a break !!! The incompetent thieves continue to steal millions from us by banging the GST on state levies - in effect creating GST taxes on top of the taxes themselves. And what about the road levies charged around the country on fuel - plenty of which goes into boats which have never even seen a road? Run a small business for a while and you'll quickly learn how much is gouged out of you. From my perspective, it's a case of "Users Already Are Paying Through The Nose --- So Stop Wasting It".

Feral
11-10-2014, 05:32 AM

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Yes, all registered vessels in Qld pay a RUF and those funds are to be used for boat ramps etc etc... it gains over $4 mill per year. Then we have the State Marine Infrastructure Fund, some $50 mill put aside for recreational fishers and boaties to provide and maintain boat ramps, artificial reefs and other projects. This fund is to be spread over 4 years and is into it's 3rd year of roll outs. You can google it and find out what they have done so far. Further to that and as eluded to above, recreational fishers contribute a large amount of funds into the economy of Qld already.... this has been qualified at over $1 Bill / year of attributal income. There is further income going into the Federal coffers by way of income tax and gst associated with the marine industry.

To get a new or upgraded ramp can be done. You need support from your local member to lobby the Minister ( Steve Dickson ) and provide some sort of plan / proposal. The Marine Infrastructure Fund has a rough figure of $500,000 for ramps, so with the design you have provided in the photograph, it is feasible.

Make it your mission sharymark2 to get the ball rolling. Further assistance can be gained from sending me a pm.

cheers LP