PDA

View Full Version : gauge help.

losferfish
08-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a classic old haines hunter v133 which seems relatively unmolested , no gauges , no rod holders ,no lights it almost looks like it came from the factory apart from one hole about 3/4 inch round in the dash fascia.
The motor that was on it (when i bought it) had a piston failure so i went out and bought a 1998 35hp johnson engine . when i bought the motor i got several gauges with it that seemed to be badly water damaged although the motor doesnt show signs of water damage. the gauges were rpm , hour meter , and another which had a low and no oil level warning and temp and check engine light. Seeing that the motor is not EFI and uses premix , do i need the gauge that has the check engine light and low or no oil warning ? . It also has the alarm buzzer plugged into the loom but have no idea if it works. If i were to buy any gauges what should i buy ? is the buzzer enough and how do you test it ? can i just unplug a sensor on the motor and see if it sounds ?

I am also after a few spare parts for the motor and the teleflex steering system but have had some really bad experiences with my local marine spare parts dealer. any good people to deal with in brisbane or gold coast?

thanks for any advice.

my other boat is a 3.7m tinny with an old 9.9 johnson that i have affectionately called "old faithful" cause it has never ever let me down but now is just not powerful enough or bouyant enough for the bigger trips.