PDA

View Full Version : Noosa River boaties

NEW HORIZONS
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
AS a follow up to my recent post re dangers at the Tewantin ramp I have arranged a meeting at the Tewantin ramp next Thursday 9th Oct at 8.45 am with councillor Tony Wellington to discuss the dangers present due to the concrete storm water headwall located in the middle of the boat retriveal area ,I have also requested attendance by Maratime Safety Queensland and am hopefull the will send a representative

I call on any Ausfish member who have the time available to attend,I could use you support to make the Tewantin Boat Ramp moreuser friendly.

Cheers Terry

Back In Black
06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi Terry,
As Peter had the courtesy to reply to my email, I'll come along.

Are you meeting him at the pipe??

Tony

NEW HORIZONS
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Tony,

Yes that is the arrangement, thanks for your support

Cheers Terry

NEW HORIZONS
08-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Tony,

Just heard from Maratime Safety Queensland , they will attend

Cheers Terry

Still_Dreamin
08-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Got to work but you have my support for what it is worth

Back In Black
08-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Tony,

Just heard from Maratime Safety Queensland , they will attend

Cheers Terry

Good to hear Terry.

See you in the morning.

Tony

NEW HORIZONS
09-10-2014, 11:33 AM
The meeting this morning has resulted in some positive outcomes ,Council have agreed to do some preliminary costing to relocate the headwall and as an interim measure have agreed to install a geotextile sand bag over the headwall ,this will go a long way in reducing the possibility of injury or boat damage

A special thank you to Tony( Back In Black ) for his support in attending as well as a thank you to Rick Bertram from Maratime Safety Queensland who suggested the sand bag option

Looks like a speed restriction is not ever going to happen ,community pressure on Discovery to slow down is the only option let them know what you think

Cheers Terry

Back In Black
09-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Terry, I sent Tony Wellington a thank you email for our meeting this morning & reiterated the point of signage on the jettys informing fisherman that they must give way to boaties & wind in all lines when a boat approaches the jetty.
He said as council control the jetties, not the state govt, there is no reason why this can't be done.
He said he will follow it up in a few weeks to make sure it is in the system.
Tony