PDA

View Full Version : Lake Monduran

craigxr6
25-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys can any one tell me if you can camp any were at Lake Monduran or Lake Awoonga and leave the boat in the water, hoping to spend a week up that way but only have a rooftop tent and didn't want to have to set up and pull down camp daily.

WertzGoldCoast
26-09-2014, 08:52 AM
There is a camp site with pretty reasonable facilities at Lake Monduran. Powered and unpowered sites. http://www.lakem.com.au/

The campsite is away from the boat ramp though so not sure if you would want to leave the boat in the water.

Have never been to Lake Awoonga

Good luck with the fishing.

Luc
26-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Pretty much the same at Awonga.
I think there's a camp side up the back of the dam where you camp close to the water but as far as I'm aware, the facilities are pretty basic.

rayken1938
26-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Boyneside bush camp at awonga is the only place no power etc.
Cheers
Ray

Macca1380
26-09-2014, 09:02 PM
As said before at awoonga dam boynedale bush camp at back of dam water levels are around the 96% mark so u should be able too leave your boat in water as I have done myself in the past might be a short walk if camp is full too get too your bout but only prob 50 meters or so

craigxr6
27-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys we will head up tomorrow and go to Monduran first and stay in the park. would also like to spend a couple of days at Awonga as well.
Will just have to set up camp every day. Does anybody know if the fish are biting.

Peter4
27-09-2014, 11:39 AM
SFA at Awoonga unless you are a very experienced barra impoundment fisho with all the right technology...