PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and results of Yammy 150 trim/tilt remote problem.

Cav(J.C.)
25-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi,
Thanks to those who provided help for this problem.
To advise those that have this engine, or similar, there is quite a lot of comment on various sites as to the lack of quality and longevity of the trim/tilt toggle switch provided as a remote on the throttle lever.
This can be hard to trouble shoot, as it can be inconsistent in operation, and thus testing.
The switch, which is completely sealed, and cannot be repaired, gradually increases in electrical resistance, which causes intermittent operation of the relay which it controls.
The only way to confirm this, is with a good quality multi meter, checking the resistance.
Spraying with Wd40, or Inox and repeated operation to try and clean the contacts, is just a waste of time.
Another way to check is to pull the three bullet connections below the switch. Touching red to either green or blue should operate the trim/tilt.
If this occurs, the switch is the obvious culprit.
Repair----I priced a switch at Broadwater Boating----$129.00 and not in stock. Ex Sydney. I refuse to be taken advantage of.
The switch will go back in to plug the hole, and for about $4.00 from Prime electronics, I will fit a three position, spring loaded mini switch into the boat console, which will do nicely , thank you.
Wiring---exactly the same.
Cheers.
Cav(J.C.)

ShaneC
25-09-2014, 01:18 PM
My switch went last trip... good timing for your post!! Mine mught be slightly different being a twin set up but probably the same problem. Cheers.....