PDA

View Full Version : Yammy F150A Trim tilt Switch

Cav(J.C.)
20-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,
before I reach for the dreaded screw driver, someone out there might be kind enough to give me a clue as to what's going on.
Simple---trim tilt on motor works. Trim tilt on throttle (remote) stopped working whilst out at sea yesterday. No drama as the motor was down.
Some experienced knowhow as to how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cav(J.C.)

Dignity
20-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Happened to me on a susi once and I sprayed some crc into the switch and it came good but that was an older motor, I would think they're a little bit more water proof these days, not home at the moment otherwise I would have a look at mine.

captain rednut
20-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Check your side mount control box wires that come out of the gear shift handle Blue-Green-Red, they have bullet joiners just below the controls and its possible the red wire terminal is corroded??

docaster
20-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Hi guys,
before I reach for the dreaded screw driver, someone out there might be kind enough to give me a clue as to what's going on.
Simple---trim tilt on motor works. Trim tilt on throttle (remote) stopped working whilst out at sea yesterday. No drama as the motor was down.
Some experienced knowhow as to how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cav(J.C.)

Hi mate, I would say to look at switch on throttle as well. It's either that or the wiring back to the outboard i would think.
Cheers
John

the gecko
27-09-2014, 10:22 AM
There's 2 relay switches under the cowling. One must have blown. If you can get to em, you can swap em over to confirm if this is the issue. It was on mine.