PDA

View Full Version : Drawing the line video marine parks v commercial fishing

warrigul
16-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Just watched "Drawing the line" movie, "wow". brilliant! And I was also against the super trawler fishing our waters. little did I really know. goes for 120mins and is an eye opener. Every fisherperson and greeny needs to watch this movie. I got the link through my face book "may" be able to post it if needs be.
In my opinion Marine parks are nothing but a political stunt and a waste of money and don't work. The facts are in the movie.
Well done to all involved in making this movie, Australia needs to see this!

Just_chips
16-09-2014, 05:44 AM
So how do you see the movie? I can find the trailer and watch that easily enough, but cannot find the actual full length movie.

warrigul
16-09-2014, 07:32 AM
one way that works is to go to the "Salt of the sea" face book site, a book by Dave Dawson scroll down on the right side about 3 posts/storys then there is a link for free for the 120min version above the short vid that they have there. click on the blue highlighted link.
I will see if my wife can help me copy paste or whatever to share the link on Ausfish.

warrigul
16-09-2014, 07:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDMy88RqsDY&feature=share&list=UU_g5qJGp8VjA3brweRcjjAA
Here is the link. Thank you wifey.

malby
16-09-2014, 07:44 AM
So how do you see the movie? I can find the trailer and watch that easily enough, but cannot find the actual full length movie.

It can be found by going here: https://www.facebook.com/drawingthelinefilm

You don't need Facebook to get to this link either.

Once there go down till you see the link put up on April 22nd which takes you into the full film.

Cheers,

Mal:)

Assasin
17-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Hi All
Those that are close to the industry or are in the industry have known the facts that are in this movie / documentary for a long time. Those in government are also acutely aware of the facts in this movie. The fact is that there will always be rediculous rules and regulations imposed on the marine industry because it is an easy target with a relatively small population that in the most part cop it on the chin. Good on these film makers and contributors for having a go at getting the reel message out to the greater community. It would be wonderful if everybody in Australia would watch this just to open a few more eyes up to the lies and proper gander that has been generated by years of greenies with there own agenda.

And buy the way, I'm all for sustainable fishing and even this documentary does not do everything to dispel my fears of the super trawler but locking everything up is not the answer either.

Interesting that a report that doesn't show a decline in fish stocks simply does't get published. The reason for this is because it is far more dramatic to publish a negative headline and you guessed it, a positive finding ain't going to get you another financial grant to study it again.

Thats is the way it is but it don't make it right

Assasin

warrigul
19-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Go cowboys

ranga7
21-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Good vid, I'm guilty of riding the super trawler off before knowing the facts, now I'm comfortable that it would be fine.