PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary....... 20 years !!!!!!

Lucky_Phill
08-09-2014, 07:35 AM
September 2014 marks 20 years since the start of Ausfish.

From a small online tackle shop to the number one Recreational Online Fishing Forum in Australia.

Massive changes in formats, content, style and membership over the years have seen this site not only provide valuable information to recreational anglers from Australia and around the world, but it also provides content that Government departments, like Qld Fisheries use to enhance their research. We have also instigated our " M & G's "... ( Meet and Greets ) where by all accounts have brought many fishers together and created life long friendships.

There and many kids, wives, GF's etc that also use the site for various reasons as this is just not about the " blokes ".

From creek and dam fishing, to deep dropping and game fishing, jetski fishing to kayak fishing, offroad adventures, spearfishing and more, we have it covered.

We still provide free membership to those that just want to look and learn, then a small yearly fee to participate and the premium membership that has further advantages.......... all bases are covered to cater for all types of members.

We have over 400,000 registered members. Not all participate of course, but with around 200 - 800 members online at any given time and significantly more " guests " looking around, it certainly deserves its Australian Number One ranking.

With that I would like to take this opportunity to thank Steve ( owner ) for firstly having the vision to create this forum, to thank him for providing the forum which has enhanced my fishing and social life by introducing me to many , many new fishing buddies and to also pass on my thanks for providing the forum to recreational fishers of Australia and beyond.

For those that have been here a while, you would have noted the upgrades and changes over the years. Due to Steve's willingness to keep up with the times, Ausfish has evolved into a modern, well maintained and managed online forum for all ages and genders.

Congratulations.............. Ausfish............ 20 years young :) :)

cheers LP

aussiebasser
08-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Congratulations Steve.

If you build it, they will come.

Crunchy
08-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Whilst the idea may have come from Steve originally, it is you Phill that has been instrumental in building the "Ausfish community" so feel free to take a heap of the credit for yourself!

Ausfish
08-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

It has been an interesting 20 years. We have had our knockers, trolls, post hijackers, etc... But all in all we have a great bunch of people that love fishing and love helping their fellow anglers out.

Thanks, Phill and all moderators for being here and helping build this community. It is the selfless hard work over the last 20 years by the moderators that have helped build this site to what it is today. They often cop a bagging for sorting out issues, but as you all can see they do a great job, and that is why we are still here today.

Thanks to all the members that have helped others and helped make this site the friendly, helpful site that it is today.

September 2014 marks 20 years since the start of Ausfish.

From a small online tackle shop to the number one Recreational Online Fishing Forum in Australia.

Massive changes in formats, content, style and membership over the years have seen this site not only provide valuable information to recreational anglers from Australia and around the world, but it also provides content that Government departments, like Qld Fisheries use to enhance their research. We have also instigated our " M & G's "... ( Meet and Greets ) where by all accounts have brought many fishers together and created life long friendships.

There and many kids, wives, GF's etc that also use the site for various reasons as this is just not about the " blokes ".

From creek and dam fishing, to deep dropping and game fishing, jetski fishing to kayak fishing, offroad adventures, spearfishing and more, we have it covered.

We still provide free membership to those that just want to look and learn, then a small yearly fee to participate and the premium membership that has further advantages.......... all bases are covered to cater for all types of members.

We have over 400,000 registered members. Not all participate of course, but with around 200 - 800 members online at any given time and significantly more " guests " looking around, it certainly deserves its Australian Number One ranking.

With that I would like to take this opportunity to thank Steve ( owner ) for firstly having the vision to create this forum, to thank him for providing the forum which has enhanced my fishing and social life by introducing me to many , many new fishing buddies and to also pass on my thanks for providing the forum to recreational fishers of Australia and beyond.

For those that have been here a while, you would have noted the upgrades and changes over the years. Due to Steve's willingness to keep up with the times, Ausfish has evolved into a modern, well maintained and managed online forum for all ages and genders.

Congratulations.............. Ausfish............ 20 years young :) :)

cheers LP

wayno60
08-09-2014, 01:31 PM
20th anniversary T shirts anyone????....................Joking!!

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/mjack60/STILLSMELL_zps4fe92de5.jpg (http://s935.photobucket.com/user/mjack60/media/STILLSMELL_zps4fe92de5.jpg.html)

FisHard
20-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Congratulations and well done to the whole crew.
Whilst there has been a lot of discontent lately and many may not agree with the approach taken by management, there's no doubt this is still a great forum and I for one still enjoy the content.

StevenM
21-09-2014, 07:27 AM
well done chaps

Scalem
01-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Happy anniversary to AF! Feels like I have been here for almost that long, let me just say a sincere thanks for a great forum. There have been a few prickly debates for sure, and some members would not make it onto my Christmas card list, and I am sure I am not on theirs either, but that's what makes a community and I can live with that. AF has definitely helped in so many ways, life long friends have been discovered via this forum. Can't put a value on those friendships. Looking forward to many more opportunities!

Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoldlegend
01-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Whilst the idea may have come from Steve originally, it is you Phill that has been instrumental in building the "Ausfish community" so feel free to take a heap of the credit for yourself!

Don't say that to him!! He'll get a swelled head!

Volvo
03-10-2014, 07:09 PM
WY to go :) , Barby n pi$$-up onthe 25 year Aniversary mark?????:)....