PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Jarvis Walker /BCF warranty return

hweebe
06-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Normally people only post about negative customer service but this time I'd like to commend Jarvis Walker's cooperation for my watersnake warranty return.

I bought a 54lb watersnake slider pro about 4 months ago and had only used it a handful of times. On a recent trip the motor head latch refused to release the motor head as if it had seized. No amount of pressure on the lock/ unlock handle for stowing the motor head would work.

So I returned the motor back to BCF who were initially unhelpful until I escalated the issue with their product assurance manager who was great. Working with BCF, Jarvis walker on good faith offered me an immediate credit without assessing the return. So after being initially told it may take 30 days to assess i was offered a credit which i promptly used to purchase another motor from a rival manufacturer ☺. I did say to Jarvis Walker i no longer had confidence in their product so they were happy to offer credit

This was a great outcome and within a week i was back on the water with a new electric trolling motor. So thanks Jarvis walker and thanks BCF

lethal
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I've always had great service at bcf Keperra. I had an issue with a hummingbird gps which was dealt with promplty.
Always helpful and always friendly.

rayken1938
07-09-2014, 06:10 AM
The initial delay would have been with your local BCF. I have always found Jarvis Walker service fantastic with their watersnake motors.
They will perform an initial diagnosis over the phone to try to ascertain if the whole motor needs to be returned or if it is a component such as a remote that is faulty.
If its a component they simply sent it star track overnight
If the motor has to be returned they arrange for Star track couriers to pick up the motor from my home at redland Bay and return the repaired motor in aprox one week.
Cheers
Ray

sharkymark2
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
You couldn't wish for better service than that. As a salesman I have learn't a saying which says " Everything breaks down, just that some things breakdown more often than others".

scuttlebutt
07-09-2014, 11:01 AM
As mentioned above any delay would have been the tackle store. I had a warranty claim with my Watersnake electric and got stuffed around by the tackle shop. Rang Jarvis Walker directly and they were onto it immediately. Really excellent service, didn't even ask for a receipt to prove date of purchase.

Since then I've also had to replace a tiller arm out of service and found the prices reasonable and they sent the part by courier to me the next day for no extra.

To be honest I think the Watersnakes are great for the price and the backup you get from the company. When mine eventually becomes unservicable (no sign of that yet after three years of regular use) I'll definately replace it with another.