PDA

View Full Version : Grady White "long time to sell"

The Mad Cat
04-09-2014, 07:20 AM
This boat has been for sale for a long time, possible even last year. We even thought about going down from NQ for a look. Has anybody seen it?
I thought it seemed a good price. Is there a problem with it?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cronulla/motorboats-powerboats/grady-white-islander-268-walk-around-fishing-leisure-boat/1045107790

TMC

FisHard
04-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Nice rig, with great motors. Maybe there is some issue for it not to sell? At that sort of money, you could sort it out and still have a good buy.

Noelm
04-09-2014, 07:51 AM
It is just too expensive for a boat that old, and it is big, and comes into the hard to tow category, its only about an hour away from me, and I wouldn't be bothered going to have a look.

hainsofast
04-09-2014, 07:54 AM
apart from the suzukis on the back it looks ok ;D, very hard to sell any boat at the moment IMHO. I also think that due to the economic uncertainty, and high unemployment, people are holding onto their cash.

ozynorts
04-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Too expensive I think.
Check out these in the states.
http://www.boattrader.com/browse/make/grady-white/268-islander
You could import one from there cheaper than this one.

Noelm
04-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Yep, that's what I was alluding to, you will get one half that age, and half the price, landed on your doorstep! I don't know that boat at all, but more than likely, the guy imported it to try to make a few dollars, but found the size made it hard to sell.

Sprinter1
04-09-2014, 10:00 AM
How did it get so worn out if its only done 67 hours in the last 6 years?

Noelm
04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
because the motors are newer than the boat.....

Sprinter1
04-09-2014, 11:47 AM
because the motors are newer than the boat.....

Yes I did see that. Doesnt actually answer the question. Its done very little work for a big part of its life. It doesnt seem likely it was worn out 6 years ago and they put new motors on it just to have it sit there for another 6 years. Except for 2 years later sticking a new trailer under it. Why keep putting money into a boat thats only getting 11 hours use a year?

I wouldnt have thought it was imported in "average" condition. Which was the only reason I could see for the new motors. They were possibly put on in Australia when it arrived, for whatever reason.

Just guessing of course. Not trying to start a competition for smart arse answers.::)

Noelm
04-09-2014, 12:15 PM
There is plenty of cheap boats in the US with old, big HP 2 strokes on them, or one blown motor, buy a boat like that cheap, pickup a couple of near new 4 strokes and go for a tidy profit (maybe)

Noelm
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Mind you, 15+ years in the weather un used can do quite a bit of cosmetic "damage"

Sprinter1
04-09-2014, 12:24 PM
There is plenty of cheap boats in the US with old, big HP 2 strokes on them, or one blown motor, buy a boat like that cheap, pickup a couple of near new 4 strokes and go for a tidy profit (maybe)

Thats more what I was getting at. Speculating on the back story a bit. Thats all.

FisHard
04-09-2014, 05:35 PM
I agree it's a big boat to trailer and that boats aren't selling in this category particularly, but if you take one of those boats from Boattrader, put an AU trailer under it, import it, and then pay the 10% gst, I don't think you could do it for $50k! It's a big boat to ship RORO, I reckon $15k at least just there alone.

WalFish
04-09-2014, 07:40 PM
I drive past this boat on most weekends. It is parked in the yard and mostly under a tree so would be full of leaves and crap. Doesn't look like its been looked after and would need a bit of work to bring the gelcoat back to life.

Blackened
08-09-2014, 10:02 AM
G'day

It's an older model now, and sitting out for that time will need some serious TLC to bring it back to life, and another huge factor is the antifoul that will turn buyers off it.

Dave