PDA

View Full Version : Noosa bar this weekend

Tailorfisho78
29-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Anyone seen the noosa bay this week? Looking at going over it this Sunday morning around 630am.

Slider
30-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Surf was fairly pumping when I got home to Teewah on dusk yesterday and is still up from the sound of it now - can hear some large waves pounding. Will settle fairly quickly but could still have a bit left in it early tomorrow. Swell is from the SE and the bar is reasonably sheltered from it - might be some waves standing up on that tide though.

Tailorfisho78
30-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Surf was fairly pumping when I got home to Teewah on dusk yesterday and is still up from the sound of it now - can hear some large waves pounding. Will settle fairly quickly but could still have a bit left in it early tomorrow. Swell is from the SE and the bar is reasonably sheltered from it - might be some waves standing up on that tide though.
Thanks slider. The tower webcam is down ATM. We won't attempt the bar until 630 tomorrow morning once the tide has turned and any pressure waves of the run out tide have disappeared. How's the fishing been on the north shore? Have the netters been smashing it this year? I have been reading some articles regarding the buy back scheme with net fishers, will be interesting to see if it can make some difference on our beaches

Slider
30-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Have been away for 6 months but it seems that nothing has changed - the fishing on the North Shore is still pathetic. Almost none of the 104 Teewah property owners (including myself) can be bothered to fish at all any more (for instance), but are now excelling on the drinking front instead - as are the campers.
Netters are hitting it as hard as ever but are also finding that species other than mullet are scarce (catch data) - but mullet are all that really matters to them.
Fisheries Qld would have us believe that everything is fine - despite admitting that there is a problem with tailor and doing nothing about it and at last communication had no idea about any species other than mullet. Their approach to this tragedy would be laughable - if it wasn't so very serious. I could write a book about their lack of accountability in this regard and how they try to shut down anyone who presents irrefutable evidence contrary to their public assertions of 'sustainability'.
There is absolutely no chance of the buy back scheme assisting in even the slightest way - it is just a smokescreen.