PDA

View Full Version : Signature 602F Owners, Please Help!

Kingfish Express
26-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Gday all,
I'm after some help from the owners of the current model Haines Signature 602F.
I recently purchased a near new vessel which was equipped with a 915C Humminbird sounder. I could never get a reading from the sounder when the boat was on the plane. At rest or at low speed it would pick up the bottom fine. I believe it was doing this as the transducer is lined up with a strake, which finishes half way along the boat.
I've since replaced the Humminbird with a HDS12 and I now need to find a better location for the transducer. I cannot go more to the right of where the transducer is currently fitted, as this area is where the future placement of the trim tabs will be. This leaves only a limited area very close to the centre line of the vessel.
I've tried hanging over the back of the boat at speed, trying to identify the clearest water with the least interference, but it all looks pretty similar.
So what I'm after is any advice/pictures from owners of this particular vessel.
Thanks in advance!
Brent.

Duckfish
27-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Have you got access to the hull of your b,oat at the back of the boat under the splash well? If you have try mounting it there . Pick a spot that is clear of any strakes towards the centre of the boat. You might have to get a shoot-thru-hull transducer. I havent had any success with transom type tranducers with any of the boats I've had. The current boat I have will read the bottom to about 20 odd knots but in deeper water like at Deep Tempest probably down to about 15/18 knots. Still not bad.
Duck

Kingfish Express
27-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey Duck,
Im going to try to move it further to the centre line today, I'll be using some ply mounted to the original hole to eliminate drilling further holes at this stage. There is a SS bait tank pick up to the left of where the tranny is currently located, so I can only move it so far.
I did consider a through hull transducer, but there is limited access in the bilge area to mount one, and the boat has a large flat planing strake central, which would of made it difficult.
Ill post up a couple pics later.
Cheers,
Brent.

grumpysmurf
27-08-2014, 02:56 PM
My older Haines Signature 610C also have a Lowrance HDS with standard transducer. Picks up bottom and echoes at all speeds. I will take a photo of its location and post later.

bigjimg
28-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Brent can you post up a couple of shots of the current set up? The 580F has very similar hull shape and my 600w transom mounted transducer is mounted inline with that forward strake. I get loss of picture over 20knt, but my 1KW Airmar shows clear picture at WOT and in all conditions. There is room in the bilge for it, not sure about your 602 though. Jim.

Kingfish Express
29-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Brent can you post up a couple of shots of the current set up? The 580F has very similar hull shape and my 600w transom mounted transducer is mounted inline with that forward strake. I get loss of picture over 20knt, but my 1KW Airmar shows clear picture at WOT and in all conditions. There is room in the bilge for it, not sure about your 602 though. Jim.
I've relocated the transducer and will be testing it today. Ive mounted it just off centre, next to where my structure transducer is. I was initially apprehensive about the location, but I've had no issues arise from the structure tranny causing problems, so hopefully the standard transducer won't either. Will post a pic of its final location.

Aquaholic 632
30-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Get a m260 or b260 tranny mate. Mine tracks the bottom at all speeds. I got a 632f. If your in sydney u can come have a look. I have been through everything your going through now...

grumpysmurf
01-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Here is the location on mine (it is lower than it looks on the 2nd phot - that is just the angle I took the photo).

Kingfish Express
02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Get a m260 or b260 tranny mate. Mine tracks the bottom at all speeds. I got a 632f. If your in sydney u can come have a look. I have been through everything your going through now...
Ok thanks for the heads up on the M260 transducer. Ive relocated it and water tested it, it bottom locks to 50k's, and I've yet to make any further adjustments. I will seriously consider the through hull tranny if this location doesn't work out.
When I can get around to the boat Ill post a pic of it location.