PDA

View Full Version : Inbuilt tackle and ice box options?

PROS
23-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Now that all the painting and new outboard work is happening in the boat, I am trying to plan for inbuilt fish ice box and tackle box options.

This is how the inside of the boat looked before starting.

There are two storage boxes already with lid where the seats are attached to.
I am raising the hardtop 40-50cm as well.
My plan was to make a secondary box over existing lid to accommodate inbuilt ice and tackle boxes. Use the bottom boxes still for dual battery relocation and other bits that don't need constant access.

Had absolutely enough of sanding during the boat prep, I cant commit to fabricate the new top boxes from fibre glass/insulate/gel coat... too much work not enough time.

New plan was to bolt an esky box over one of the lid in similar sizing, this way no fabrication needed. Attach the seats on esky lid. I can carpet the esky to blend in, boat floor and sides getting carpeted anyways.
Existing lid is 95cmx55cm
Problem here is I cant find esky that opens from narrow side. wont be able to open the esky lid from wide side, the seats on top will hit side of the boat.
Any suggestions?

Similarly, what to do with tackle box idea?
I haven't been able to find large and sturdy enough tackle box to attach over the existing lid.
Was hoping to use a large tackle box with sliding storage sections.
Seats to attach on top of the tackle box.
Maybe use a kingcrome type automotive toolbox...
Any suggestins?

Overall implementing this will help with regaining the deck space, previously tackle and ice boxes were wasting most of the floor space.

Max