PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Julian1

hilta1
17-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know how to contact this member??? I think he comes from Victoria and sells Suzuki motors, I have tried pm but he hasn't been active for a while. cheers Mark

PB
17-08-2014, 06:33 PM
No longer in the marine industry mate, he sold his business to Richardson Marine.

hilta1
17-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks mate, I noticed he went from a cat to a cruisecraft, would be interested in his thought etc. Cheers

rosco1974
17-08-2014, 07:46 PM
hilta,
soulfish went from a cat to a cruisecraft 685 then back to his current 2700 nc maybe he can help ya out

hilta1
17-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks Rosco, I know I want another cat just interested as to the reasons anyone goes to mono, I will get a 2400 Noosa cat as soon as I can. I just cant be bothered dealing with tyre kickers at the moment.

RayLamp
17-08-2014, 11:01 PM
There seems to be a lot of love for cats from cat owners out there. Im going to put the question out there, never having owned one...

Whats the one big thing which makes a cat better in your eyes?

perko
18-08-2014, 07:22 AM
The ride you get at a good speed.

perko
18-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Hey Mark, Rafe has a kc2400 listed that would suit you.

Noelm
18-08-2014, 08:29 AM
There seems to be a lot of love for cats from cat owners out there. Im going to put the question out there, never having owned one...

Whats the one big thing which makes a cat better in your eyes?
OK, these are the positives for me (there is plenty of negatives too)

unrivaled stability, more room for a given length, can run much faster and comfortably in 'chop" (not talking big seas) two completely independant fuel, motor, battery setups (not that it is only a cat "thing") much easier to launch and retrieve, solo or with a deckie, can run side on to a sea without leaning into the wind and smacking down on one side.

PB
18-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Hilta, I did speak to him at the time he sold the 2700 and had ordered the CC685, I think the main reason for the changes was the towing and running cost.

hilta1
18-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks PB, yeh I think the 2700 or the new 3000 would be too big a hassle to tow etc, would be interesting to see how he compares the cc 685 for ride etc? I was keen on the 685 before I got my KevlaCat but now I like the deck room, hosing out with the self draining deck, stability at rest nd the fishability. Perko I am biting the bullet and going New, want this one to be the last boat I buy so I want it set up with what I want, just have to get my finger out and advertise mine. Cheers thanks for your help, Mark

Noelm
18-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I will give it a shot at contacting him if you like, I had his email somewhere I think, plus he is on a couple of other forums too.

John Buoy
18-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I have his number if needed , Yeah PB hit nail on head he was sick of towing a block of flats with runs from Hamilton to Port stephens taking it's toll

Smithy
18-08-2014, 07:38 PM
He is on Fishnet a fair bit. I think the move was for ease of towing. Looks like they go on an annual Port Stephens trip each year marlin fishing.

hilta1
18-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Um me and fishnet had a differing of opinion about there censorship of a certain post and there main sponser, so I cant contact him there!!! And may I say I got in first and told them to jam there fishnet where the sun doesn't shine!!! but I reckon I would have got banned anyway!! Hence I cant contact him through there! I understand his towing hassles but just wonder why he didn't go the 2400 Noosa or KevlaCat, and wonder if he is happy with the ride of the cruise craft. Just interested is all.

John Buoy
18-08-2014, 09:29 PM
He luvs the cruise craft mate extremely satisfied with its following seas capabilities
and luvs the trim tucked in when ploughing head on. I will send him a message for you to jump on
here he hasn't been active on forums or on FB in recent times.
Regds Frank

hilta1
18-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Cheers mate, I look forward to talking to him. Very interesting

julian1
19-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Hey guy's I haven't been abducted just hibernating for the Winter !! john Buoy contacted me about this thread. Hilta ive sent you a PM.
Every boat is compromise of some sort as I have been searching for the perfect boat for some time and its taken me a while to realise this. There are pro's and cons for both Cats and Mono's and here's what I sent Hilta:
Hi Mark, yes its an interesting comparo, ive had a 680Sf Haines, an Edencraft 233 then the 660 Noosacat then a 2700 Noosacat and now the 685 Cruisecraft. it really depends on what sort of sea's that you spend most of your time in. the CC685 is a fantastic compromise hull that's stable and rides very well and is very quiet and rigid. It does not ride like the cats in bay chop as you loose that cushion and also its not like a super deepvee either in bay chop but still rides well. BUT offshore in the swells and big sea its very very good, it never puts a foot wrong and heading into the sea and swells with the trim tabs down it sticks to water like glue and uses the sharp nose to slice through and hardly get's airborne, I have past many boats punching out to the shelf that would be horrified that a CC685 went past them. Also down sea its just point and shoot and even keep a little bit of trim tab just to hold it in and it tracks true. It is not a boat for jumping waves as remember its only a 20 degree deadrise but then again cats do not like to jump waves head on either they always work better by keeping one of the hulls in the water. My CC685 has twin 115 Zukes (140's lean Burns would be the pick as I think twin 150's would be too heavy) extra layup of glass and that's about the only things ive had done over standard build. it is not a commercial build finish which is nice but can lead to exposure for damage if treated like a Kevla or Noosa with just flowcoat finishes. Offshore I am not travelling any slower than any of my Cats and using 40-50 litres less per day on a 200km distance. i'm also loving the tow compared to the old NC2700 !!!